MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #4,321 of 5,796

GLG!
devil_face.gif

Just cheer for the Sens and be done with it.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #4,322 of 5,796
How do the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow compare to the Eikon, LCD-XC, and Sony MDR-Z1R?

I used to own the LCD-XC, and find the ETHER C Flow far superior. While the LCD-XC are a good phone, I find the ETHERs to be far smoother and more relaxed. The Audeze could get fatiguing after long listening, and that is not even considering the ETHERs being vastly more comfortable.

YMMV

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #4,323 of 5,796
Haven't spent much time with my Ether Flows lately... I've always loved Turn It Again by RHCP but it is a little busy and can be fatiguing. Decided to queue it up w/ my Mojo + Flows tonight and oh man these cans are just so smooth and can so effortlessly present the ridiculous layering in the track. Good stuff folks.

beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #4,324 of 5,796
I want to upgrade my Ether Flow cable. I just heard the Kimber cords on several tables at Axpona. Two different Kimbers were running on Ether Flow at the Mr. Speaker table so obviously Dan knows these are an upgrade over the Dum cable.

The two other cables in the running are the Wywires Platinum and the Nordost Heimdall 2. I'm seeking transparency, neutral tonal balance, texture and strong layering. I felt the Kimbers are a bit pricy so the later two are more appealing at a glance.

I would appreciate a link that may help or any first hand experiences with these cables on the Ether Flows. The Phones will be fed by a Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0 by a Metrum Pavane which is a smooth combination.

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #4,325 of 5,796
Of the cables mentioned, I can only speak to the Wywires Platinum. I have said elsewhere, I consider this to be my endgame cable. It has the characteristics you are looking for and handily beats my Norne Draug 2c for transparency and realism (if that can be used as an audio term). I use the Platinum with my upgraded Ether Flows (open) with the Liquid Carbon v1 and Channel Islands Transient MK II dac.

Interestingly, I found that I prefer using the Norne Draug 2c with my Alpha Primes. I had thought about selling them, now I may reconsider. It's like the Draug 2c calms them down compared to using the Platinum with the Primes, which makes them seem too busy.

BTW, not to get too far OT, but Audio Adviser has good pricing on Pangea silver usb interconnects, I got a .5 meter cord for 29.99.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #4,326 of 5,796
Where did "Search in thread" go in this new [dumbed-down IMO] UI?! Wanted to read-up on Electrostat pad opinions posted in just this thread. Not seeing it if it's there. Ridiculous if it's no longer available.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #4,327 of 5,796
Where did "Search in thread" go in this new [dumbed-down IMO] UI?! Wanted to read-up on Electrostat pad opinions posted in just this thread. Not seeing it if it's there. Ridiculous if it's no longer available.
I've seen this response on several threads, so hopefully that will be one function that they will bring back.

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #4,328 of 5,796
guess i'm way late to the party, but i just got ether flow's and think they may generally be the best can i've owned. still have and love 2016 lcd-3f, and for some rock cuts they please me more than the EF's, but not for very many so far. if this keeps up i may sell the audeze's. for once i'm not gonna do it in a hurry. i don't wanna rebuy them! it may be that to be fully satisfied i require both the ether flow and the lcd-3f.

i feel like i get a lot of what i liked in the hd800 sdr mod and in th900. like the 900's, these bring a LOT out in the mix that i have to listen for with other cans (including the lcd3f). they stage all the instruments as though i'm very close to the band in a smaller club - close but can hear the instruments and voices spread across/around a soundstage. the lcd3f are much more of a tunnel vision presentation. almost like, until i adjust to them, after hearing the EF's, the lcd3f's sound as though the band is at the other end (or at least somewhere DOWN) a hall that i'm standing in one end of.

eh, it's all been said by a zillion other people, but man i'm glad i got these!

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #4,331 of 5,796
That's great news! Just got my Ether flows! Pretty happy with themJust wondering if it is a good idea to remove the tuning filters as they are glued on... What effect would it have on the sound? Would it ruin the balance of it??t

Likely it would sound brighter.

May 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #4,334 of 5,796
What can I say? I'm very picky and want to get the best sound I can straight away! Was thinking -Tuning filters and E stat pads first day of ownership.
I would hold off doing that straight away until you have a chance to spend time with new pads. IMO, adding the E stat pads, while expanding the soundstage, also add brightness to the top end. That is my impression, running through a Hugo and LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back