MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 12, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #4,054 of 5,796
Sorry for giving these nonsense posts, but I've just listened to three aphex twin albums in a row with my brand new ether flows, and they're rocking my world! Unbelievable sound

The Flows speed really helps with his Drill 'n Bass stuff. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #4,055 of 5,796
I just demoed some and while I like electronica and realize repetitive is quite normal, what I heard seemed like very repetitive up-tempo ambient. Does Aphex Twin have any material that isn't trance like? Any suggestions for Aphex Twin? I like The Crystal Method, Phutureprimitive, Pitch Black, Bluetech, Deadmau5 to name a few for reference if that helps. In fact I will embed a nice Phutureprimitive video for fun, and a fantastic Pitch Black:

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #4,056 of 5,796
Richard D James (aka Aphex Twin) catalog spans a multitude of styles of electronic music, some of which he pioneered.

This is a pretty good list of some of his best tracks: http://www.factmag.com/2013/10/09/the-top-50-aphex-twin-tracks-of-all-time/

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #4,057 of 5,796
  Richard D James (aka Aphex Twin) catalog spans a multitude of styles of electronic music, some of which he pioneered.

This is a pretty good list of some of his best tracks: http://www.factmag.com/2013/10/09/the-top-50-aphex-twin-tracks-of-all-time/

Thanks, I was listening on Flacit.com where I buy much of my music (excellent prices by the way) and they had a fair amount of his stuff available. Not all of it could be previewed. I think I'll use your list and see if I can't find some I like as I like listening to new music. Thanks for the suggestions. Did you try either of the tracks I linked? With the Z1R and Ether C Flow I really think you would enjoy them.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #4,058 of 5,796
  Thanks, I was listening on Flacit.com where I buy much of my music (excellent prices by the way) and they had a fair amount of his stuff available. Not all of it could be previewed. I think I'll use your list and see if I can't find some I like as I like listening to new music. Thanks for the suggestions. Did you try either of the tracks I linked? With the Z1R and Ether C Flow I really think you would enjoy them.

I'll check them out tomorrow.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4,062 of 5,796
I just demoed some and while I like electronica and realize repetitive is quite normal, what I heard seemed like very repetitive up-tempo ambient. Does Aphex Twin have any material that isn't trance like? Any suggestions for Aphex Twin? I like The Crystal Method, Phutureprimitive, Pitch Black, Bluetech, Deadmau5 to name a few for reference if that helps.

In many situations I shy away from aphex, as it can be repetitive, however, yesterday I thought the opposite. The inner structure of the songs is repetitive, and in the same time there are changes the whole time, like improvisations, therefore I thought I was listening to electronica jazz
Syro in hi res was quite impressive

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #4,063 of 5,796
In many situations I shy away from aphex, as it can be repetitive, however, yesterday I thought the opposite. The inner structure of the songs is repetitive, and in the same time there are changes the whole time, like improvisations, therefore I thought I was listening to electronica jazz

Yea. Lots of layers and subtle changes even when passages seem to be repetitive.

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #4,064 of 5,796

Thanks I listen to plenty of electronica jazz (Nu-jazz). May I suggest a collection you may want to explore starting with about vol. 10. The collection is called Saint-Germain des Pres-Café and there are now 18 volumes in the collection. Most are double album collections, typically very interesting and well recorded music and in the past 4 years when I started collecting, these are easily my favorite albums and I often listen to just them as the collections are rather diverse.

Thank you I will grab Syro and give it a whirl. Cheers.

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #4,065 of 5,796
I'm thinking about a headphone stand, maybe DIY from wood.
Is it better for the flow when on a stand, when the ear pads are touching each other (kind of truly hanging on the headband) or being more in a head position, with some place between the ear pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back