MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 7, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #3,751 of 5,796
Well, I'm not going to subscribe to any theories. Dan did a gamer package with Creative and the original ETHER C so perhaps that's where the initial gamer angle started.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777735/mrspeakers-ether-c-review-announcement-a-new-closed-back-planar-magnetic-flagship-from-mrspeakers/2010#post_12242312

That could explain things. As I said, I was admittedly speculating, now with the new information you are providing it seems less odd now. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #3,753 of 5,796
   I am so close to hitting the buy button for a set of Ether C Flows, but one thing is stopping me. My Alpha Primes have served me well for the past 6 months; I have been saving up and am ready for the next level in headphones.

My preferences are for closed design, neutrality and sub-bass extension. The Primes do all of this in spades, but this leads to my question: Can the C Flows really reach down into the 'head-shaking' double-digit Hertz territory like the Primes do?

I've seen comments from aornic mentioning the lack of low bass extension, but most others like Burtron5 found quite the contrary to be true. Could anyone provide some insight or possibly compare both headphones it would be greatly appreciated and valuable..I do not have the means to audition any headphone before purchase.

Again, I love the Alpha Primes, but if the C Flow can do equal or better sub-bass, I'm sold. 

Dan, if you are available, I would love your insight.
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #3,754 of 5,796
     I am so close to hitting the buy button for a set of Ether C Flows, but one thing is stopping me. My Alpha Primes have served me well for the past 6 months; I have been saving up and am ready for the next level in headphones.

My preferences are for closed design, neutrality and sub-bass extension. The Primes do all of this in spades, but this leads to my question: Can the C Flows really reach down into the 'head-shaking' double-digit Hertz territory like the Primes do?

I've seen comments from aornic mentioning the lack of low bass extension, but most others like Burtron5 found quite the contrary to be true. Could anyone provide some insight or possibly compare both headphones it would be greatly appreciated and valuable..I do not have the means to audition any headphone before purchase.

Again, I love the Alpha Primes, but if the C Flow can do equal or better sub-bass, I'm sold. 

biggrin.gif

If you want some serious bass I would probably look at the Sony Z1R. The Ether C Flows are good but they just can't compete in the bass department. 

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,755 of 5,796

biggrin.gif

If you want some serious bass I would probably look at the Sony Z1R. The Ether C Flows are good but they just can't compete in the bass department. 

Or ZMF Atticus for half the price

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #3,756 of 5,796

I know I was supposed to love the Z1R; really went into it biased for, intending to buy. But both I and my friend sat next to each other listening to the Z1R driven by their flagship player direct or thru the flagship amp. Neither of us had our socks knocked off.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,757 of 5,796
I know I was supposed to love the Z1R; really went into it biased for, intending to buy. But both I and my friend sat next to each other listening to the Z1R driven by their flagship player direct or thru the flagship amp. Neither of us had our socks knocked off.

Would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing :wink:

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,758 of 5,796
Would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing :wink:

Will probably give it another try; in the Sony store on Madison if they still have it open, or a high end audio store, in NYC. That said, putting the Flow C on the head now. :D

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #3,760 of 5,796
Yes.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #3,761 of 5,796

It was cold there, did you have winter sox on?

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #3,762 of 5,796
Feb 7, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,763 of 5,796
That was my first canjam (not going to be my last, I already know ha) and the listening environment can be less then ideal. I could tell I wasn't getting "the most" out of the different rigs unless I turned the volume up to way louder then I ususally do. Also the Z1R grew on me a lot after more and more listening. also comparing to other headphones made me aware of why they are special. I think they are worth another listen, and hopefully this time there aren't a ton of people talking around you! Or you listen again and they aren't the type of sound your looking for...To each his own!

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #3,764 of 5,796
I feel the same way. Listened to the Ether C Flow, Ether Flow, LCD 3, LCD X, and Z1R on the Brooklyn DAC/Amp and I preferred the Ether Flows. Call me crazy but I even thought the Z1r had a hard time competing with the LCD X. Though I only had a couple of minutes with the Z1R.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #3,765 of 5,796
It can also be what genres you like as well. The Ether flow open or closed is excellent for multiple genres. Their sound is capable of being neutral and still musical, which isn't an easy feat. It's a winner, and glad it got recognized on the Tyll's wall of fame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back