MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #5,776 of 5,796
If You remove those screws it increases or decreases bass?
Educated guess) It will increase the bass. every closed back i have seen behave that way. larger hole=more bass

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #5,777 of 5,796
If You remove those screws it increases or decreases bass?
I was going to do an A/B test on this but after listening to the Ether C Flows and checking the bass port. I had found that I already had the screws extracted to allow for the port to fully open. Suffice to say, the bass (and overall sound profile) of this headphone wasn't that great to begin with. I would imagine that the sound would already be thinner than what it already is if the screws were fully set. Your best bet is to use EQ since it's a lot of effort to remove the ear pads just to adjust the screw and risk stretching out your earpads. My ZMF lambskins are flaking so I didn't want to take them off.

It'd be nice to see more headphones with a modifiable bass port though so props to that. Just wish that it was easier to access and didn't require a hex bit.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #5,778 of 5,796
Hello Ether and Ether C Lovers :)

i received my first DCA / MrSpeakers headphones yesterday and i enjoy them a lot. It is a pair of Ether C Flow and i also got the 1.1 tuning kit with it (it was unsued).

So i want to do the conversion right after i received them but i noticed that my version already had the white paper decals on the driver. Is that correct? It looks like the paper decals in the envelope of the tuning kit.

Thanks for your help :beyersmile:

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpeg
    IMG_1039.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 20, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #5,780 of 5,796
Hello Ether and Ether C Lovers :)

i received my first DCA / MrSpeakers headphones yesterday and i enjoy them a lot. It is a pair of Ether C Flow and i also got the 1.1 tuning kit with it (it was unsued).

So i want to do the conversion right after i received them but i noticed that my version already had the white paper decals on the driver. Is that correct? It looks like the paper decals in the envelope of the tuning kit.

Thanks for your help :beyersmile:
Yes, that looks correct you should also have the two port tuning stickers too.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Sep 11, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #5,781 of 5,796
looking to buy a secondhand pair of these (seems to be good price IMO)

- are these still in the recommended list?

- one of the hirose connectors needs some work. are these easy to open up?

- what are pads dimensions?

Thank you.

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #5,783 of 5,796
Sep 12, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #5,785 of 5,796
Where to get the sticky pads that s the pads to the phones? Thanks
Not sure if you're getting mixed up with the new Ether 2 earpads attachment system, which does use a sticky ring to attach the earpads? The Ether Flow Headphones use a system where you physically slide the earpads onto the receiving groove of the earcup. No sticky pads required.

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #5,786 of 5,796
Not sure if you're getting mixed up with the new Ether 2 earpads attachment system, which does use a sticky ring to attach the earpads? The Ether Flow Headphones use a system where you physically slide the earpads onto the receiving groove of the earcup. No sticky pads required.
you are correct!

so the ether flow has the same type as other phone pads where the pads has a "flap" to keep the pads in place?

something like this?
2023-09-13 11_20_26.png

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #5,787 of 5,796
you are correct!

so the ether flow has the same type as other phone pads where the pads has a "flap" to keep the pads in place?

something like this?
The lip on the pad in the photo you posted looks similar. Dan Clark designed his own earpad fitting system. For the Ether Flow models on the back of the ear pad there is a lip which goes all the way around the pad. To attach it you slide the lip onto a groove on the receiving headcup and pull it around till it fits.

As far as I'm aware (no doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) there aren't any 3rd party replacement pads for this model. Again, as far as I'm aware, there are only two replacement pads available for both the Flow models: an angled and a flat model. See link: https://danclarkaudio.com/accessories/ear-pads.html.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #5,788 of 5,796
The lip on the pad in the photo you posted looks similar. Dan Clark designed his own earpad fitting system. For the Ether Flow models on the back of the ear pad there is a lip which goes all the way around the pad. To attach it you slide the lip onto a groove on the receiving headcup and pull it around till it fits.

As far as I'm aware (no doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) there aren't any 3rd party replacement pads for this model. Again, as far as I'm aware, there are only two replacement pads available for both the Flow models: an angled and a flat model. See link: https://danclarkaudio.com/accessories/ear-pads.html.
all 10cm round pads with a lip can be used are replacement pads :wink:
I have had one with Dekoni th900 leather pads that worked great. My C flow 1.1 has the OG leather pads though cause they are just the best fit in terms of sound.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #5,789 of 5,796
looking to buy a secondhand pair of these (seems to be good price IMO)

- are these still in the recommended list?

- one of the hirose connectors needs some work. are these easy to open up?

- what are pads dimensions?

Thank you.
I think these are probably my favorite closed backs other than the Stealth, which I'm hoping to buy eventually. ETHER Cx sounds very different, but also good; just way more neutral and less resolving.

Sep 17, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #5,790 of 5,796
Question please. Is there a distinguishing feature on the Ether C flow that makes it physically different from an Ether CX?

(just in case someone is trying to pass off a CX as C Flow)

I'm looking at pictures and can't distinguish one from the other.

Thank you.

EDIT: found more pictures and it says "flow" for the left headband adjustment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back