MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
May 25, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #4,086 of 4,813
WHAT??? These destroy everything I've EVER heard. They are extremely holographic and revealing and the most open sounding headphones I've heard too beating even the HD598's. Just wow... more impressions later going to enjoy myself now these totally are my endgame I can already say that with confidence.

May 25, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #4,087 of 4,813
  What mine just arrived by a random truck lol. Totally didn't even expect. Yay impressions soon

I know the feeling, mine only took 2 days to get from the US to me in Australia. When the guy showed up at my door saying 'package for you' I said no that's not due for days, as I unboxed them I apologised, if I had of known they were coming so soon I'd have cleaned up a little.

May 25, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #4,088 of 4,813
  WHAT??? These destroy everything I've EVER heard. They are extremely holographic and revealing and the most open sounding headphones I've heard too beating even the HD598's. Just wow... more impressions later going to enjoy myself now these totally are my endgame I can already say that with confidence.

What amp are you using? And if you're thinking that way before burn in you're in for a real treat................

May 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #4,089 of 4,813

What amp are you using? And if you're thinking that way before burn in you're in for a real treat................

Just a measily CA DAC Magic Plus, but don't worry I'm going to order a Chord Mojo. At first my bass impressions were "OMG these have insane amounts of bass" but turned out I had my speaker EQ on in foobar 
mad.gif
 Took it off and it sounded quite thin but after just a few songs I re-fell in love... They have the EXACT tonality I was looking for (aside from the now somewhat lacking bass) They are just like the HD600's but way better... The speed of the Alpha Dogs is there and the tonality of the HD600's is there. The presence and soundstage are just amazing Uhh this comment was supposed to be just a few short sentences but I can not help myself I finally found my endgame... Now to wait for the burn in and hope the bass increases a tad. Also these do not give me clausterphobia that the Alpha Dogs gave me which is a HUGE plus also.

May 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #4,090 of 4,813
  Just a measily CA DAC Magic Plus, but don't worry I'm going to order a Chord Mojo. At first my bass impressions were "OMG these have insane amounts of bass" but turned out I had my speaker EQ on in foobar 
mad.gif
 Took it off and it sounded quite thin but after just a few songs I re-fell in love... They have the EXACT tonality I was looking for (aside from the now somewhat lacking bass) They are just like the HD600's but way better... The speed of the Alpha Dogs is there and the tonality of the HD600's is there. The presence and soundstage are just amazing Uhh this comment was supposed to be just a few short sentences but I can not help myself I finally found my endgame... Now to wait for the burn in and hope the bass increases a tad. Also these do not give me clausterphobia that the Alpha Dogs gave me which is a HUGE plus also.

Just a quick note:  I have been using the Either C with a Chord Mojo for about a month and I would recommend this combo.  Stunning really.

the Mojo has plenty of head room to run these headphones.

May 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #4,091 of 4,813
  Just a quick note:  I have been using the Either C with a Chord Mojo for about a month and I would recommend this combo.  Stunning really.

the Mojo has plenty of head room to run these headphones.

Thanks I've heard so much good things about the combo that it will be my whole desktop setup haha, Leaving the DAC Magic Plus just for my studio monitors and will def post some comparisons.
The Ether C's are starting to annoy my ears due to the high frequencies but I'm playing them louder than normal as always with new headphones to hear the difference and details (my ears are very sensitive to loudness too) and the DAC Magics headphone out is a little harsh on the high frequencies I've heard, so the MoJo will be awesome!

May 25, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #4,092 of 4,813
  Thanks I've heard so much good things about the combo that it will be my whole desktop setup haha, Leaving the DAC Magic Plus just for my studio monitors and will def post some comparisons.
The Ether C's are starting to annoy my ears due to the high frequencies but I'm playing them louder than normal as always with new headphones to hear the difference and details (my ears are very sensitive to loudness too) and the DAC Magics headphone out is a little harsh on the high frequencies I've heard, so the MoJo will be awesome!

1 black pad works nicely with hard-sounding DACs...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #4,093 of 4,813

1 black pad works nicely with hard-sounding DACs...

hahaha I just put 1 on both sides before reading this and comment on how it sounds :D It sounds extremely smooth and neutral but tiny bit of detail is lost so will revert to stock most likely. On electronic sounds VERY good but I like my details in more dynamic well recorded music :)

Thank you Dan for making such an incredible headphone... It's like being a kid again listening to old tunes with these, just complete immersion of amazing sound.

May 25, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #4,094 of 4,813

If you don't need to be portable, look into getting a tube amp, it'll smooth out the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back