MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #3,406 of 4,813
Ended up getting a Mojo and pairing it with my WA7, sounds amazing.  I don't consider myself an expert at all but I do hear a nice difference from the WA7 DAC alone.

My question is whether it would be worth jumping on the Liquid Carbon deal to pair with the Mojo in place of the WA7.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #3,407 of 4,813
Ended up getting a Mojo and pairing it with my WA7, sounds amazing.  I don't consider myself an expert at all but I do hear a nice difference from the WA7 DAC alone.

My question is whether it would be worth jumping on the Liquid Carbon deal to pair with the Mojo in place of the WA7.

I had them both for a few weeks and favored the Carbon by quite a bit. But you might ask in the WA7 and Carbon threads to get more opinions than just one...

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #3,408 of 4,813

I prefered the sound of Mojo over the Liquid Carbon.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #3,409 of 4,813
I love it that we all perceive sound differently. I didn't love the Liquid carbon as much as my Lyr. I also didn't love the mojo the first time I tried it out but I did buy one anyway so that I could give it a nice long audition with my C's. If I grow to love it fantastic, I'm done. But as will probably be the case, I will let the mojo be my dac and I'll get the Alo continental v5 to be my amp. THEN I'll be done... But one thing is for sure, I will never sell my Ether C's.

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #3,413 of 4,813

Having heard both, I preferred the Carbon (that I have). It's to me at times the SS amp that doesn't have that anemic SS sound that people usually relate to. Though I would have to say my current music preference may tend to lean towards SS amps more.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3,414 of 4,813
Tyll's review brought me here.
popcorn.gif
Carry on...

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #3,415 of 4,813
Hi all just letting you know I have heard the ETHER C's sound so good, being driven by the Liquid Gold (lau). I am listening to Frank Zappa's JAZZ FROM HELL, Tidal, MacBook Pro, Yggdrasil and the Liquid Gold. The bass is phenomenal, with good slam and presence. Furthermore the bass has this textured quality that adds to the natural sound. Although the bass is powerful, it does not intrude upon the ever so sweet mids. Moreover the mids are so sweet, almost tube like in the lushness of the mids. Yet the the mids are ever so natural and resolving sounding. The treble never sounded better.
I still need to order the upgrade 1.1 for my ETHER C's.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,416 of 4,813
Hi all just letting you know I have heard the ETHER C's sound so good, being driven by the Liquid Gold (lau). I am listening to Frank Zappa's JAZZ FROM HELL, Tidal, MacBook Pro, Yggdrasil and the Liquid Gold. The bass is phenomenal, with good slam and presence. Furthermore the bass has this textured quality that adds to the natural sound. Although the bass is powerful, it does not intrude upon the ever so sweet mids. Moreover the mids are so sweet, almost tube like in the lushness of the mids. Yet the the mids are ever so natural and resolving sounding. The treble never sounded better.
I still need to order the upgrade 1.1 for my ETHER C's.

Sure you can afford the 1.1 upgrade?

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #3,418 of 4,813
Sure you can afford the 1.1 upgrade?

Yes I can afford them, I have been a slack dog, and just have not ordered them lol.
Arg I motivate myself and ordered the 1.1 upgrade kits, for both my ETHER and ETHER C.:)

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #3,419 of 4,813
Are the Ether C's pretty much just for sale directly from Mr. Speakers? I know they rarely come up in the classifieds for sale.

Wanting to do an A/B with my XC's, but can't really drop $1650 on a new pair. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back