MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Feb 20, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #2,462 of 4,813
Ordered my 1.1 foam.

Shipping to Australia more than the cost of the foam itself, lol.

Not that these headphones need any kind of upgrade but very curious to see how it goes.
Am very tempted to order the foam pads but the shipping to NZ is 1.5 times the price of the foam pads, will wait for your feedback and then order maybe.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #2,463 of 4,813
Bought 2 sets of pads,$19.98, shipping to UK; $53. Should've order 4 sets and balanced cable for my Liquid Carbon that's coming, damn.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #2,464 of 4,813
Bought 2 sets of pads,$19.98, shipping to UK; $53. Should've order 4 sets and balanced cable for my Liquid Carbon that's coming, damn.

Tried hitting up Mark from Electromod? Since he's the official Mr.Speakers distributor from the UK maybe the cost of the pads including shipping could be lower.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #2,465 of 4,813

Tried hitting up Mark from Electromod? Since he's the official Mr.Speakers distributor from the UK maybe the cost of the pads including shipping could be lower.

Too late! I also didn't know if he had the foam yet

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #2,466 of 4,813
  I dropped the LCD2 and HE-6 for your Mad Dog, that's how much my ears agree with your tuning.  With the Ether C, it's just out of this world for me. Even from a ipod and portable amp I get lost in the music.  I just wished it had a little brother.  I do a lot of things while wearing the Ether C.  Today I was on a bench outside enjoying the music and fresh air and I turned my head following a falcon's glide and the corner of the carbon cup touched the stucco wall behind me.  Now there is a pin head size hole in the clear coat. AHHH!!   Come on Dan, I think many people would like a smaller Ether.

How does the Ether C compare to Bass on the LCD-2 ?  How does the Ether C imaging compare to the Ether?

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #2,467 of 4,813

How does the Ether C compare to Bass on the LCD-2 ?  How does the Ether C imaging compare to the Ether?

I bought the LCD2 when it first came out so that was a long time ago.  I enjoyed it a lot but to my ears it was a one trick pony.  It made everything sound smooth and syrupy.  Sibilant and bright recordings sounded fine because of the shelved treble.  Normal treble sounded slightly dark.  Bass was good and full but too warm for my taste, I would associate it to large tower speakers while I prefer the sat/sub sound.  Kind of like big PA speakers that give people a big boomy voice but we all know people don't sound like that in real life.  So that's the difference with the Ether C, I think it is voiced more accurately than the LCD2, it's enjoyable but not my tea.  Some people like color, I like accuracy.  The C has astonishing sub bass.  When the double bass, pipe organ, explosions or T-Rex starts to kick, so does the C.  Remember the rippling cup of water scene in Jurassic Park?  That's what you get with the C, you don't hear bass yet but you feel your ear drums rippling, air pumping in your ear canals.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #2,468 of 4,813
  I bought the LCD2 when it first came out so that was a long time ago.  I enjoyed it a lot but to my ears it was a one trick pony.  It made everything sound smooth and syrupy.  Sibilant and bright recordings sounded fine because of the shelved treble.  Normal treble sounded slightly dark.  Bass was good and full but too warm for my taste, I would associate it to large tower speakers while I prefer the sat/sub sound.  Kind of like big PA speakers that give people a big boomy voice but we all know people don't sound like that in real life.  So that's the difference with the Ether C, I think it is voiced more accurately than the LCD2, it's enjoyable but not my tea.  Some people like color, I like accuracy.  The C has astonishing sub bass.  When the double bass, pipe organ, explosions or T-Rex starts to kick, so does the C.  Remember the rippling cup of water scene in Jurassic Park?  That's what you get with the C, you don't hear bass yet but you feel your ear drums rippling, air pumping in your ear canals.

Do you EQ your Ether C?

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,472 of 4,813
Feb 22, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2,473 of 4,813
Mine is coming today as well. Will let you know if the bass is better, here hoping for a 5db boost :)

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #2,474 of 4,813
Mine is coming today as well. Will let you know if the bass is better, here hoping for a 5db boost
smily_headphones1.gif

Bass junkies should try 1 or 2 black pads per side with the foam.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back