MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #423 of 4,813
  Was wondering if anyone new the inner size (where the ear sits) of the ear pad on these cups. Just want to be sure my ear fits and that it's comfortable before making the purchase :)

Not exactly sure about the size but just know its angled. Thats how i found it just slightly uncomfortabel compared to the open Ethers which had straight pads.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #424 of 4,813

Not exactly sure about the size but just know its angled. Thats how i found it just slightly uncomfortabel compared to the open Ethers which had straight pads.

Hmm, that's slightly worrying. Was really hoping for it to be comfortable since I use my cans for long hours. Currently I'm running my AKT5p on a ponoplayer and its super comfortable. Guess I gotta wait till November and take a trip to Singapore to do a A/B comparison... The wait is killing me!

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #425 of 4,813

Hmm, that's slightly worrying. Was really hoping for it to be comfortable since I use my cans for long hours. Currently I'm running my AKT5p on a ponoplayer and its super comfortable. Guess I gotta wait till November and take a trip to Singapore to do a A/B comparison... The wait is killing me!

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its not comfortable. Its comfortable for ANGLED pads. I'm just not really into using angled pads. Thats just me.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #427 of 4,813
  Was wondering if anyone new the inner size (where the ear sits) of the ear pad on these cups. Just want to be sure my ear fits and that it's comfortable before making the purchase :)

should be very similar to the regular Ether as they use the same earcup. Normal Ether earpad inner dimensions are 2.5 inches x 1.5 inches x 1 inch (height x width x depth). The Ether-C has angled earpads though I believe.

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #428 of 4,813

should be very similar to the regular Ether as they use the same earcup. Normal Ether earpad inner dimensions are 2.5 inches x 1.5 inches x 1 inch (height x width x depth). The Ether-C has angled earpads though I believe.

Alright, thanks so much. Though not sure how angled they are. Guess I'll have to make some assumptions based on the current available pictures of the Ether-C.

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #430 of 4,813
Alright, thanks so much. Though not sure how angled they are. Guess I'll have to make some assumptions based on the current available pictures of the Ether-C.

You have no worries with comfort....they are easily top 3. I to love the build and comfort of the akt5p...my TH900 is similar....but the ether beats them both for lightness, comfort....if not necessarily sound quality. You can buy with confidence...oh and they isolate better than both too...added bonus. Ps the AK T5p was one of my highlights of the canjam show paired with the ak380! I'm not a fan of them with my C4 in non AK form.

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #431 of 4,813
You have no worries with comfort....they are easily top 3. I to love the build and comfort of the akt5p...my TH900 is similar....but the ether beats them both for lightness, comfort....if not necessarily sound quality. You can buy with confidence...oh and they isolate better than both too...added bonus. Ps the AK T5p was one of my highlights of the canjam show paired with the ak380! I'm not a fan of them with my C4 in non AK form.

Cool, that's good to know. Believe or not, I personally prefer the AKT5p + Ponoplayer combination as it sounds much better than AKT5p + AK120ii combination + AKT5p EQ. Don't get me wrong, the AK players are accurate to a heart beat but they make some music sound very analytical to me. The Ponoplayer makes things sound a lot more natural but this is of course to my ears.

I'm still contemplating on whether to purchase a pair from Moon Audio since they offer the Ponoplayer balanced termination and an adapter to a regular 3.5mm 3 pole male jack. Though for now, I think I'll stick with my AKT5p and keep an eye out for the reviews. Not to mention we have no idea if Dan will come up with any mods for this current flagship :)

*sits and waits, while jamming to Iron Maiden*

Have you tested both of them? Any idea which sounds better with rock/metal genre to your ears?

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #432 of 4,813
  I too was just thinking about the Ether-C's, and whether or not they would be modifiable as are the Alpha Primes...(not that the Ether-C's would necessarily need any frequency tailoring to suit my ears, however...)...

Does anyone know if this is possible?...Anyone queried "Mr. Speakers" himself on this one?  

Looking forward to hearing responses...

Oh, and I am wondering how many pre-orders have been submitted to date, and how many cans will be shipped initially...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back