MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Sep 4, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #4,682 of 4,813
That's it... I removed the TP and replaced it with just thin sheet of fabric with no holes and now the sound is smoother, BUT! the sparkle and all the detail are there and again as with the TP mod: more detail across the board. The bass is increased and has good presence. 

Better than TP because vocals no more sound veiled. There is still that dryness and texture but it's not fatiguing...

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #4,683 of 4,813
what type of fabric do you use?

For me I removed the veil by removing the white felt and replacing it with more hole punched tp, but fabric could probably make it sound even better.

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #4,684 of 4,813
Okay. I've been working with Toilet paper trying to "fix" the Ether C 1.1 treble harshness and I think I just did it!

I just bought the ultra heavy flow maxipad edition 3.7s and I'm tuning them with dryer sheets!

Seriously, these headphones are not worth the hassle.

"Don't believe the hype." -Public Enemy

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #4,685 of 4,813
  what type of fabric do you use?

For me I removed the veil by removing the white felt and replacing it with more hole punched tp, but fabric could probably make it sound even better.

I have no idea, it's something that came with a PCM-D100 recorder. The presentation holding thingy... 
TP does the job but it sounds kind of weird how it filters frequencies imo

I just bought the ultra heavy flow maxipad edition 3.7s and I'm tuning them with dryer sheets!

Seriously, these headphones are not worth the hassle.

"Don't believe the hype." -Public Enemy

Disagreed. The Ether C just needs delicate amp/dac pairing imo (just as something like the HD800) and sounds godly when paired right.
Out of the box though the tonality is already near perfect, missing some bass and slightly lean sound. I don't have the funds to get some expensive Cavalli Amp to warm the headphone. Fabric did this for me though and did so VERY transparently.

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,687 of 4,813
  I have no idea, it's something that came with a PCM-D100 recorder. The presentation holding thingy... 
TP does the job but it sounds kind of weird how it filters frequencies imo

Disagreed. The Ether C just needs delicate amp/dac pairing imo (just as something like the HD800) and sounds godly when paired right.
Out of the box though the tonality is already near perfect, missing some bass and slightly lean sound. I don't have the funds to get some expensive Cavalli Amp to warm the headphone. Fabric did this for me though and did so VERY transparently.

I have all the gear and they still suck. Buy my pair, please.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #4,689 of 4,813
any pics of the fabric?

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,691 of 4,813
  That's it... I removed the TP and replaced it with just thin sheet of fabric with no holes and now the sound is smoother, BUT! the sparkle and all the detail are there and again as with the TP mod: more detail across the board. The bass is increased and has good presence. 

Better than TP because vocals no more sound veiled. There is still that dryness and texture but it's not fatiguing...

When you say the bass increased, do you mean sub bass or mid bass?

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #4,692 of 4,813

When you say the bass increased, do you mean sub bass or mid bass?

To my ears both. More slam and presence, EDM sounds punchy now 
popcorn.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #4,693 of 4,813
  To my ears both. More slam and presence, EDM sounds punchy now 
popcorn.gif

More slam and presence sounds great. Do you happen to listen to rock and/or any genre music with a drum set in it? How does the bass drum sound? Is it accurate and have the same impact to an actual bass drum or is the C Flow bass light in that regard? That's the only thing I lack from my Ether C 1.1.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #4,694 of 4,813

More slam and presence sounds great. Do you happen to listen to rock and/or any genre music with a drum set in it? How does the bass drum sound? Is it accurate and have the same impact to an actual bass drum or is the C Flow bass light in that regard? That's the only thing I lack from my Ether C 1.1.

No idea about the C Flow these are C 1.1s. Anyway listening to Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare. Not same impact to an actual bass drum but it's better than stock, more weighty.
Stock is still better on acoustical stuff IMO. Hearing more of plucking of strings, airier vocals.

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #4,695 of 4,813
  No idea about the C Flow these are C 1.1s. Anyway listening to Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare. Not same impact to an actual bass drum but it's better than stock, more weighty.
Stock is still better on acoustical stuff IMO. Hearing more of plucking of strings, airier vocals.

Must find out what that material is then I can try the mod, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back