Mr Speakers Voce Electrostatic headphone thread
Sep 10, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #151 of 404
Thanks to those who were able to share their experience. I have ordered a Z10e, along with a pair of VOCE headphones, from Linear Tube Audio. I'm looking forward to their arrival in a few weeks. Not to diminish Justin's BHSE in any way; I hope to own one some day. The Z10e simply suits my needs better right now. I'm planning to have some fun by experimenting with alternate tubes. Thanks again!

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #152 of 404
I wound up picking up a BHSE and Voce from Headamp at RMAF. Looking forward to listening, I saw mention earlier discussion about tubes and things? Besides Siemens tubes, any other recommendations? Also compared to the stock tubes, what did the Siemen's bring to the table?

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #153 of 404
I wound up picking up a BHSE and Voce from Headamp at RMAF. Looking forward to listening, I saw mention earlier discussion about tubes and things? Besides Siemens tubes, any other recommendations? Also compared to the stock tubes, what did the Siemen's bring to the table?

Siemens offer a bit more clarity and a larger soundstage, the stock Mullard tubes are a bit warmer.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 11, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #154 of 404
Siemens offer a bit more clarity and a larger soundstage, the stock Mullard tubes are a bit warmer.
I would agree with this. I really like the Siemens. I also find them to have the edge in dynamics.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #155 of 404
I wound up picking up a BHSE and Voce from Headamp at RMAF. Looking forward to listening, I saw mention earlier discussion about tubes and things? Besides Siemens tubes, any other recommendations?

Sophia Electric?

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #156 of 404
What are people's preferences for damping material with the Voce? Just out of curiousity.

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #158 of 404
Headband discomfort

I love my Voce s. However I am having great difficulty with my headband. These are are new to me. My problem is I'm unable to listen about an hour before the pressure provides pressure which makes me want to shorten my session.
I have the adjustment fully extended without the silicone bunches up which creates somewhat similar problem.
I'm hoping someone who had a similar problem may be able to provide how they may have found a solution. Cheers

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #159 of 404
Headband discomfort

I love my Voce s. However I am having great difficulty with my headband. These are are new to me. My problem is I'm unable to listen about an hour before the pressure provides pressure which makes me want to shorten my session.
I have the adjustment fully extended without the silicone bunches up which creates somewhat similar problem.
I'm hoping someone who had a similar problem may be able to provide how they may have found a solution. Cheers

Most of the time excess pressure is from over-tightening the strap. Many people are used to tightening up the headband to keep phones in place but with our design minimal pressure works best. Just adjust to fit pads where you want and have barely any weight or pressure on the top strap.

Feel free to contact info@danclarkaudio.com for support if this doesn't help.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #160 of 404
Another award, this from The Absolute Sound...

TAS 303 EDS CHOICE LOGO V2.jpg

Jan 9, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #162 of 404

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #163 of 404
Funny you ask that. Lots of people including Justin says other tubes won't make that much difference. Has that been yours or those you know share the same opinion? Maybe you know of other tube suggestions which offer value for the difference they make.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #164 of 404
Funny you ask that. Lots of people including Justin says other tubes won't make that much difference. Has that been yours or those you know share the same opinion? Maybe you know of other tube suggestions which offer value for the difference they make.

Oh, tubes definitely make a difference to my ear. I use the NOS Seimens EL34 I got from RAM Labs (Roger Mojeski). A little more space between instruments, more midrange clarity, tighter but slightly less pronounced bass than the stock new-Mullard EL34.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #165 of 404
Ok Dan I just bought a matched quad Siemens (Mullard) EL34 - Quad(s) of XF2(OO) NOS Tubes for Sale. Hard on the wallet, but hopefully well worth it. I wanted to add I have gone the route you had in the show. Laptop > Audirvana > M-Scaler > TT2 > Voce w/ stock tubes. I have to say I miss the holographic sound my LCD 3 planers give me with the M-Scaler and TT2 and Cardas cables. Maybe the new tubes will help.

Lastly given my long time experience with speaker setups, I miss when we talk more about "air" and "sparkle". I'm wondering if "sparkle" even exist in headphone rigs? Who knows maybe it's something I am missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back