mp3gain or ivolume..
Oct 29, 2009 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

koshinki

Head-Fier
Hi.. i'm new here. need to ask some question regarding audio files.

1/ heard this 2 software (mp3gain or ivolume) use to adjust the volume of the audio files.. anyone can explain how's the thing work?

2/ when applying using the software, it will cause the audio file quality degrade?

3/ i plan to get a ipod classic 2009 and attach a portable amp (i already got 1 from friend, brand - xenos). i plan to put in all the loss-less file, do u think that i need to use the ivolume to modify all the file before i put it in?

4/ do u think that ipod classic 2009 with portable amp better than the sony x1060?

5/ how's the quality for this Xenos portable amp? anybody here experienced it with the ipod classic 2009? do u advice me to get a brand new amp just like pico or ibasso?

thanks in advance... hope can get the answer from all the expert here..

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 10
I use mp3gain (well the patch known as aacgain) and it does not degrade the audio quality and is fully reversible as it only changes some tags inside the files. MP3Gain FAQ

Oct 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 10
thks for the reply. the name of the program call MP3gain, other than the mp3, it work with the lossless file like wav, flac??

anybody can answer my doubt other than this mp3gain...

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 10
MP3Gain actually changes the gain in the file, it just stores the amount it changed it by within the tag of the file. I don't recall if FLAC or WAV is supported by MP3Gain though, I usually use Foobar's replaygain scanner to adjust the volume for lossless files.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 10
mp3gain only works on mp3 files. The modded executable aacgain works on mp3 and aac files.

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 10
thanks for all the info... appreciate...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 10
iVolume employs the MP3Gain algorithm, so it's the same thing but with a nice frontend and perfect iTunes integration. These software solutions are essential if you tend to use shuffle-play a lot, or like making mixed playlists/CDs. No need to worry about the quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back