MP3 Player with Replaceable Battery??
Dec 29, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #16 of 22
I plan on getting the iriver t60 myself because of the replaceable AAA battery. I;ve used a sony tapewalkman for like 10 years. After that I got a sony minidisc player wich I've used for 4 years. The iaudio x5 lasted only for 1 year. Now I got an ipod nano 2g wich I only got for a year too. I hate that thing.

It was a toss between the trekstor vibez and the iriver t60. I plan on getting the iriver because I can charge AAA battery in a seperate charger and carry them around. And its more reliable, less likely to break. Its only 4gig but most of the time I used only 1 minidisc wich could only hold up to 160min of music either. I want to have a player wich I can use for 10years.

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #17 of 22
The problem with the T60 is that its joystick is oversensitive, according to users. But you don't have much choice if you want good player with replaceable batteries. There are a few other ones, but it is hard to find reviews about them because the vast majority of users are after cool features and gimmicks, and unfortunately, those who review new devices, tend to neglect the simpler ones and share the stupid enthusiasm for unnecessary features.

I have been looking for a good player for a long time, and since the options shrink for devices that can be expected to do their work for years, considered either buying a T60 or model with an internal battery with the hope I'd be able to find a replacement when the time comes. But fortunately, I was able to find a cowon iaudio G3, which solved my problems. It is a very good player that uses AA batteries. Its main disadvantage is that it does not support lossless formats (like the T60), but high quality OGG or MP3 sound very well with it. Its controls are accurate (unlike those of the t60 and other small palyers) and I am very satisfied with it. In my opinion, it is almost the ideal DAP.

It is very unfortunate for serious music listeners that instead of focusing on making such good players better, by adding more memory, support for more file formats, and improving sound quality even more, makers nowadays focus on things like color screens, video, wifi, games, physical compactness and soon also coffeemaking. I'd be much happier to see devices that just play music extremely well and don't force me to pay for loads of features I don't need (and for new players when the battery of old ones dies).

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to have a player wich I can use for 10years.

I think the T60 is the wrong choice for that task. The joystick of my 6 month old T60 fails more and more, when I push it down. It's only a matter of time, until my T60 becomes completely useless, because of the weak joystick mechanism.

I will exchange it for a new device in 2008, but I don't think the new T60 joystick will last any longer than my current.

Dec 29, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the T60 is the wrong choice for that task. The joystick of my 6 month old T60 fails more and more, when I push it down. It's only a matter of time, until my T60 becomes completely useless, because of the weak joystick mechanism.

I will exchange it for a new device in 2008, but I don't think the new T60 joystick will last any longer than my current.

What a bummer. I'll probally still get it because its dirt cheap. According to some people the trekstor vibez isnt flawless either. I've read a few threads about defective units on arrival or after one year of use. Iriver x20 got a weak joystick mechanism too. G3 isnt available anymore.

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #20 of 22
I think the joystick is part of the reason for the quick hook on the T50/60 units. Hopefully around CES the replacement prism style will be announced. And since iRiver is launching pretty quick after the announcements it shouldn't be too long.

I know the ifp series joystick has been absolutely fine for me. If they go back to that joystick it would be just fine with me. Hopefully they will go back to single press for navigation and short + long FF for folder skip again. Also the stupid way of adding to the quick list should be ditched. The ifp wasn't broke so don't try to "fix" it. Just update the styling and increase the memory. And give both up to 8GB not just 1gb in one version and up to 4GB in the other.

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you dumb.

You are rude and an idiot. iPod batteries are replaceable. It just takes a little more efford then just popping open a battery cover and putting a new AA battery in. I have replaced my iPod's battery myself and I say it's possible.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you dumb.

Was that a question or a statement? I usually use punctuation.
It was also rude whether a question or a statement. It wasnt a needed comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back