Movie Soundtracks
Jul 13, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #61 of 162
Gladiator is good.  Inglourious Basterds' music was expertly used in the movie but I didn't like the actual soundtrack as much.  Coraline has a cool soundtrack too.  Uh.... Spirited Away has a nice soundtrack too.  Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, and the Final Fantasies have nice music too.  I usually prefer the original soundtracks over the orchestrated versions though.  Amelie is good too.  Requiem for a Dream has cool music too.  It's a bit creepy though.  Well that's it for now.  Sorry about all the "too"s.  I wasn't really thinking much as I wrote this.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #62 of 162
Wow, almost missed this thread!  This is the music I listen to most.  I also find that the "modern" soundtracks can really bring out the best in the equipment that seems to enthral us.

I focus more on the composed soundtracks, as opposed to what I will call the compilations, i.e., the collections of popular music.  However, some of those are fabulous too.

OK, I will mention some of the previously mentioned soundtracks, because they are on my permanent list:
Gladiator;
LOTR (even the complete editions of 9 or more CDs):
Meet Joe Black;
Bicentennial Man;
The Mission (great for testing your system); and
Twin Peaks.

Some great soundtracks I haven't seen listed (or forgot they were listed):
Shawshank Redemption (often used as music in early production work on films in house, before soundtrack for specific film is finished);
Dragon Heart;
Kingdom of Heaven;
Big Fish (a combination of compiled music and composed music);
Braveheart;
Schindler's List;
Brother Cadfael (music from a BBC TV production);
Charlie Wilson's War;
Clockwork Orange (the original version);
Curious Case of Benjamin Button;
Dexter (the TV series);
Dune (original soundtrack);
Glory;
The Godfather;
John Adams (the mini-series);
Legend of Bagger Vance;
Life is Beautiful;
Revolutionary Road;
Restoration;
Shakespeare in Love;
Stargate; and
Willow.

There are just so many out there.  Fabulous music!!

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #66 of 162
If you guys like Gladiator and Braveheart, you should get their second albums, More Music From The Motion Picture Gladiator and More Music From Braveheart.  They were composed by the same composers.  The albums contain dialogues from the movies.  

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #67 of 162
Yup, almost missed this thread as well. This is pretty much all I listen to.

Although I've heard many, and like a fair share of them, I'll just tell you one of my favorites.

Da Vinci Code - Hans Zimmer

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #69 of 162
Right now I'm listening to the Star Trek XI soundtrack. I am a sucker for the music Star Trek provides, honestly.

I also deeply love the soundtracks in Halo Games. Somehow I find them brilliant to listen to even when not playing the game - interesting and diverse, rarely do they become repetitive.

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #71 of 162
OST´s (best for me, besides well known like The Last Of The Mohicans, Pulp Fiction etc):

maybe not so well-known, but GREAT:

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)
The Boat That Rocked (2009)
That´s It, That´s All (2008)....(maybe even the best SNB movie ever!)
xXx / Triple X (2002)
Waltz with Bashir (2008)
The Beach (2000)
The Saint (1997)
Tony Hawks-American Wasteland+Need For Speed Most Wanted+Need For Speed Undercover+Need For Speed Underground, Battlefield Vietnam....games (PC,PSx,XBox....)
Rock Star (2001)
Once (2006)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
Shutter Island (2010)
The Wrestler (2009)
Mission Impossible (1996)
Mission Impossible II (2000)
London (2006)
Kick-Ass (2010)
It's All Gone Pete Tong (2004)
Berlin Calling (2008)
Kevin & Perry Go Large (2000)