1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Movie Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Music' started by userlander, Dec 19, 2009.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last
  1. Audio-Omega
    Dances with Wolves (the full version).  

2. flip0
    I know it could be little off topic, but what headphone would you recommend for this type of music. Would you go for a closed headphone due to the lower ends of these epic pieces so you can better 'feel' the tension of the moment they reprenst or would you go for an open headphone to experience the wider stage?

3. Audio-Omega
    I like a wider stage.  [​IMG]

4. sofastreamer
    i love the soundtracks by steve jablonsky (transformers, battleship etc) and tomandandy (resident evil ost etc).

to me both are fresher and more modern than hans zimmer. jablonsky was teached by zimmer though.

5. monkeyboylee
    V For Vendetta..... my absolute favourite.... so atmospheric and such a great film..... even with Miss Portmans 'English' accent!

6. AnakChan Moderator
    Wow, 95 posts & no one has mentioned Ennio Morricone? I have been a huge Morricone fan since early 90s & probably like his works for the 60's Italian movies. But it was The Untouchables soundtrack that first introduced me to him.

7. Mingus Ah Um
    These:

51khgWfMWkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61DfiYEHcML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

8. Sherrington
    I like his music but have been unable to find an audiophile recording of his works. Unless you know differently [​IMG]

9. Sherrington
    Quote:
    I like his music, but have been unable to find a quality recording of his works. I particularly like the spaqhetti western soundtracks but can't find an audiophile quality recording of these. Unless someone else knows differently

10. bigshot
    This one...

http://www.amazon.com/Ennio-Morricone-The-Platinum-Collection/dp/B000NOK06W/

11. Audio-Omega
    Lincoln by John Williams is worth listening to.  

12. StratocasterMan
    I've been enjoying the soundtrack from the new movie 'Django Unchained'

artworks-000036471445-yt2nt1-crop.jpg

There is quite a mixture of music on it. Some of it is spaghetti western-type music; and there is also hip-hop, soul, and other genres. The soundtrack also contains some snippets of dialog from the movie. As you can see, there is a Parental Advisory on the content. It's really all over the map, but I think it's worth a listen and I really like some of it.

13. asdfghjkzxcvbnm
    Quote:
    Black Swan has my favourite soundtrack.

14. Coop
    The 'Stardust' soundtrack by Ilan Eshkeri is quite good, but soundquality-wise there's room for improvement...

15. eucariote
    Michelangelo Antonioni's Zabriskie Point has a really amazing soundtrack with songs from Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones and The Grateful Dead.  This version of Careful With That Axe, Eugene accompanies the, um, destruction of capitalism.  The song really gets going at 2:40..

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last