Moved to appropriate subforum. Please delete this mods.
Sep 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SuperTheMando

New Head-Fier
Moved to appropriate subforum. Please delete this mods.

I'm very new to the world of hi-fi music. I only just bought my first batch of CDs (was a pirate before) and learnt all about ripping and encoding and was amazed at how good a FLAC could sound compared to an MP3 I downloaded.

I've decided to get a really nice portable music setup, and I've got my heart set on either a Sennheiser HD 25 or a Beyerdynamic DT 1350, but I have no idea what to do about the player.
I have no desire at all for an Apple device, and I would really like, if possible, to not need an amp. Or maybe to be able to not use an amp for when I'm out, but use one when I'm at home and want absolute maximum quality.
I really like Cowon products, they look so amazing! I think the C2 is their latest, but I'm not sure, their website doesn't make it clear.

Is the C2 powerful enough to drive those headphones? Is it good enough to get great sound out of FLACs? Is there something else out there I should be looking at?

I'd really like a setup I can buy and then just not have to worry about needing to upgrade at all any time in the near future.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back