Mouse -Fi
Feb 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #257 of 616

any one know what is the largest mouse?

The hand shoe mouse is the biggest I know of. 

Quote:

Thanks for the picture. It helps with size comparisons. Which mouse is on the very left? Naga?

I'm shipping my DA back tomorrow. I liked the higher DPI, so I'm still on the hunt. Mouse #3!

What didn't you like about the DA?  

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #258 of 616

Quote:

What didn't you like about the DA?  

I made 2 posts on the DA, but mainly, the size was too large (nice for palm grippers) and the area where you rest your ring and pinky finger slopes off to the point where it causes fatigue when claw gripping the mouse during FPS sniping. Nice mouse overall, but not really for a claw gripper unless you have really big hands or you settle for anything that clicks. I've just been using my old M-BJ58 since with no issues. I'm going to visit a local store to handle mouses before I buy a 3rd one.

Quote:
I just got the black DeathAdder delivered yesterday. It is noticeably larger than my old M-BJ58 and the returned G9x, from what I recall. I'm getting used to it. It is very comfortable for casual browsing in the palm grip and seems to be fairly compatible (definitely made for the palm grip though) for my gaming claw grip as well. Scroll wheel button clicking is much lighter than the G9x I returned, but it is still a bit stiff. Hopefully that loosens up as I use it more. My only complaint so far is that buttons 4 and 5, with 5 being closer to the back, is a little too low and/or close to my thumb. Not sure if I'll be keeping this mouse either, but the scroll wheel button's tension is a big plus. That, IMO, was the only flaw on the G9x. For shame, Logitech.

Quote:
I haven't gamed in 3 or 4 days, but after playing today, it finalized it. I'm returning the DA :frowning2:

The scroll wheel button is much better than (still not satisfactory) the G9x, but now another design aspect is really bothering me. The front right corner where you right ring finger and pinky go does not have enough support for me. I'm really nit picking right now, but bottom line, this mouse isn't too friendly for the claw grip when you're sniping. I can see how one would make due with it as is, but I can get free shipping on the return. I wish I could put this scroll wheel button on the G9x and I would be set, but nooo. Guess I'll hunt for my next mouse in a brick and mortar. BB or Frys will probably do. That or I'm sticking with my old school Logitech.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #260 of 616

Quote:

I made 2 posts on the DA, but mainly, the size was too large (nice for palm grippers) and the area where you rest your ring and pinky finger slopes off to the point where it causes fatigue when claw gripping the mouse during FPS sniping. Nice mouse overall, but not really for a claw gripper unless you have really big hands or you settle for anything that clicks. I've just been using my old M-BJ58 since with no issues. I'm going to visit a local store to handle mouses before I buy a 3rd one.

The Abyussus has the same sensor as the DA, it's one to look at, though I've heard a lot of them have issues with cursor jitter.

Quote:
The software that runs my Death Adder died last night mid-game. Such a lovely thing... If there's anything that will make me leave Razer and go to someone else it's that.

You don't really need the software.  

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #268 of 616
i don't know if you guys read my other thread. the g500 was absolutely not the issue with the monitor sleeping as it turned out. i am sorry to everyone and logitech that i blamed it on the mouse. i am elated now since i simply love this mouse. i have tried almost every modern mouse and this one just fits my hand(palmed) like a glove. i couldn't say if it is great for gaming but for web development and browsing it is my dream mouse. the biggest feature i use is the dual mode scroll wheel. that is a huge feature to me. i do prefer it to the g700 because the g500 has much more of a "click" on the buttons. even though the g700 has more buttons. anyways, i highly recommend this mouse now. of course ymmv. plus i have found no bugs in setpoint. i cannot say that at all for steel series for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back