Mouse -Fi
Mar 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #513 of 616
Been using a Logitech G700 for the last 2.5 years. Goes with me everyday on campus and gets used on tables counters and desks almost always without a mouse pad as well as on my Ripper XXL at home. It has been such a solid mouse and if it were to ever break I would order a new one that day.

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #515 of 616
  Been using a Logitech G700 for the last 2.5 years. Goes with me everyday on campus and gets used on tables counters and desks almost always without a mouse pad as well as on my Ripper XXL at home. It has been such a solid mouse and if it were to ever break I would order a new one that day.

G700 is amazing. I also have a G602 which I use in the office. It has a stupid design for gaming. The side buttons are between some bumps that also feel like the buttons but don't do anything. It's hard to know where you are on the side buttons. Great for office use though. Copy and paste, find, undo, redo and a bunch of things are programmed in. Great battery life.

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #516 of 616
GIGABYTE M6980.

I especially like the left/right "click" programmable scroll wheel.

I have these set for "page end" and "page top",  to speed things up for web browsing.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #517 of 616
I'm coming from the G700 gaming mouse. I picked up the G502 at PAX this weekend and, oh man, I think I may have found end-game for my desktop mouse. So comfortable, buttons feel amazing, the weight system is improved over the older ones, and it's an improvement in almost every way over my G700. I'll probably pick up a G602 for mobile mouse use down the road, but for home use I adore the G502.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #518 of 616
Alright here's my story.
I've been exploring and trying a lot of mice, not one lasted for 2 years(except the logitech g5 that lasted 3 years).
I'm tired of replacing mice.
I went through a razer imperator, mionix naos 5000, and finally a corsair m95. My corsair's laser is VERY picky, or just broken. I've tried a $5 plastic mousepad, razer goliath, razer mazface, and a corsair MM400 in which was specifically designed for the m95. Funny enough, the mouse pad works like trying to use a mirror as a mouse pad; it doesn't. Unfortunately, this mouse decided to knock off all my more pricey mouse pads and opt for the $5 mouse pad. Although at higher DPI settings, the mouse pad fails to maintain accuracy.

I can't return my m95 because I don't have warranty for it.

I need a mouse that is/has:
  1. Under $100 (including shipping)
  2. Durable (Will last me over 2-3+ years)
  3. 3 thumb buttons (E.g. back and forward, plus another thumb button. I play mechwarrior online in which I use a toggle zoom, 3rd weapon fire, 4th weapon fire)
  4. DPI Toggle/Button (2200 dpi and 800 dpi)
  5. Wired
  6. Not Razer.

My hand position is preferably palm, not claw. I did NOT like the Razer Mamba, too thin for me.
For the most part, I run an average DPI of around 2200 to 2800 depending on the surface my mouse likes.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #519 of 616
Might I recommend the new Logitech G502? Sounds like it has every quality you're looking for in a mouse. I use the third thumb button as a shift key to drop it to low DPI (default setting) which is great for precision shooting with sniper rifles in FPS games. I haven't even bothered to set up the second and third profile yet, but you can switch them on the fly with a single button or in the software.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #520 of 616
Might I recommend the new Logitech G502? Sounds like it has every quality you're looking for in a mouse. I use the third thumb button as a shift key to drop it to low DPI (default setting) which is great for precision shooting with sniper rifles in FPS games. I haven't even bothered to set up the second and third profile yet, but you can switch them on the fly with a single button or in the software.

Ive heard a lot of good things about the 502. A lot of old quake players have recommended and hyped it to me lately.

If only i didnt have 3 perfectly functional mice at the moment id grab one.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #521 of 616
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Proteus-Tunable-Customizable-910-004074/dp/B00IRHE892

Is this what we're talking about?

Because I'm about to hit the buy button, I'd like a mouse asap @_@

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #522 of 616
I had a Razer Naga before but I really enjoy my G600 now. I have it in white and the LED cycles beautifully. Highly recommended if you need the extra buttons.

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #523 of 616
  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Proteus-Tunable-Customizable-910-004074/dp/B00IRHE892

Is this what we're talking about?

Because I'm about to hit the buy button, I'd like a mouse asap @_@

Yeah I'm thinking thats the one.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #525 of 616

Trigger pulled, I will be so sad if none of my mousepads work with this.

I'd be surprised if that was the case.  By all reports its a great sensor.  Let us know if it has any issues tracking.

Still plugging along with my old MX518  (xai and kinzu in the wings for when it dies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back