Mouse -Fi
Dec 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #571 of 616
Well since the Mionix was sold out today on NCIX and no stock on other higher rated mice, I managed to pick up a SteelSeries Sensei Pro locally for $60.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #572 of 616
  I found a great price on the Mionix Naos 7000 and it's is going to replace an old Microsoft Wireless 2000.
Any opinions on the Mionix? Good choice?

I haven't been able to find info on the Naos 7000's sensor performance. The Naos 3200 has prediction, I think. I know the Naos 7000 doesn't, but I can't speak for smoothing, drivers, or high-latency mouse buttons. It's not a bad mouse, but I would approach it with caution. I should note, however, that if you want 7000 CPI, you will be disappointed. It's using a 3310 sensor, so anything above 5000 CPI is interpolated anyway. Some tests I've heard about show that it's not even really faster on 7K.  This in mind, I'll list you some alternatives which get favorable impressions overall: Roccat Kone Pure Military, Corsair Raptor M45, and maybe the Steelseries Rival. I would, of course, avoid Razer like the plague on general principle as their products are almost ALWAYS badly-built and have an unhealthy tendency to break, but if you're okay with that, the Deathadder 2013 and Chroma may be for you. And don't be lured in by the Chroma's "10000 CPI" capability. It is still using a 3310 sensor and just interpolating anything higher. Similarly, mice with more than 5000 CPI using the 3310 are still interpolating above it. If you need higher true CPI than 5000 on an optical sensor, the Logitech G502 is something I would conditionally recommend if you're okay with very slight prediction and a heavy weight. At least it works. On a note somewhat closer to home, if you're okay with an ambidextrous shape, the Mionix Avior 7000 is also a respectable enough mouse.

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #573 of 616

I haven't been able to find info on the Naos 7000's sensor performance. The Naos 3200 has prediction, I think. I know the Naos 7000 doesn't, but I can't speak for smoothing, drivers, or high-latency mouse buttons. It's not a bad mouse, but I would approach it with caution. I should note, however, that if you want 7000 CPI, you will be disappointed. It's using a 3310 sensor, so anything above 5000 CPI is interpolated anyway. Some tests I've heard about show that it's not even really faster on 7K.  This in mind, I'll list you some alternatives which get favorable impressions overall: Roccat Kone Pure Military, Corsair Raptor M45, and maybe the Steelseries Rival. I would, of course, avoid Razer like the plague on general principle as their products are almost ALWAYS badly-built and have an unhealthy tendency to break, but if you're okay with that, the Deathadder 2013 and Chroma may be for you. And don't be lured in by the Chroma's "10000 CPI" capability. It is still using a 3310 sensor and just interpolating anything higher. Similarly, mice with more than 5000 CPI using the 3310 are still interpolating above it. If you need higher true CPI than 5000 on an optical sensor, the Logitech G502 is something I would conditionally recommend if you're okay with very slight prediction and a heavy weight. At least it works. On a note somewhat closer to home, if you're okay with an ambidextrous shape, the Mionix Avior 7000 is also a respectable enough mouse.

Thanks for all the great info 343 Grenadier but I picked up a SS Sensei Pro at a much better price as the Naos was sold out.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #574 of 616

kinda funny, i dislike the avior cause its too small, any recommendations? i have been using the avior for about 7 months now haha

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #575 of 616

Avior 7000 has the best sensor performance in the market along with zowie's implementation of the 3310 as both of these don't have the smoothing effect that the others have. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #576 of 616
Naos 7000 isn't a bad mouse, quite comfortable to hold but I find it fatigues my forearm after extended use, and I do not like having the ARM controller inside the mouse.  The sensor and tracking are very nice, and the weight is very light.  

My current go to mouse is the SS Rival which I use at work and at home.  I find myself going to claw grip or palming, but there is no fatigue on the forearm, only ever in the hand itself.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #577 of 616
razer naga epic FTW. its got 12 buttons on the side which are perfect for counter strike GO, its wireless/wired so thats awesome. fast polling rate, adjustable sensitivity, different palm grips you can switch (magnetized), dont require any drivers for the 12 side-buttons (perfect for linux), and very comfortable grip. easy access to battery, color changing leds.

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #578 of 616
  Avior 7000 has the best sensor performance in the market along with zowie's implementation of the 3310 as both of these don't have the smoothing effect that the others have. 

Some people would disagree with you. They prefer such mice as the KPM or the newly-released Ninox Aurora to the Zowie FK1 and say they have still less smoothing. Granted, it's kinda subjective at this point since all of the mice are pretty raw with regards to input and any one of them would be a huge improvement over a laser. If you're okay with the funny shape of the Avior or the rather low CPI ratings and locked steppings on the FK1/FK2, then have at it.

On a side note for everyone else: The Ninox Aurora is proving to be an exceptional mouse with regards to ergonomics and performance, but its small startup ancestry (Ninox is run by a single guy.) and Chinese OEM manufacturing is showing up in its build quality. Let's put it this way: It's lucky the mouse is so cheap. I wouldn't trust it to hold together for years. BST says he's trying to move away from Chinese OEMs because he finds the selection of preexisting mouse shells to be too restrictive, and no doubt he's also annoyed by their relative build quality. I'm sure he'll eventually come out with something which has the almost peerless sensor/firmware performance of the Aurora minus the QC issues before too long, but until then, we basically have ourselves an extended beta for a mouse.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #580 of 616
Using a TT eSports Black Element White Edition.
Really light mouse(weight). Also has some pretty nice DPI(800,1600,3200 and 6500), selectable on the top of the mouse. Mouseclicks are insanely light, which is awesome for me.
Lights up real nice (red, violet, blue, green and purple/pinkish), depending on which programmable profile you use.
Upgraded from a Razer Abyssus by the way, which was already pretty nice.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #581 of 616
naos 7000, optical A3310, high build quality, pleasent soft surface, true ergonomic- fits like a glove.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #584 of 616
I'll always stick to softer pads for the simple reason that the mouse feets don't wear out as fast as on hard surface pads.
This being said, i had the qck+ , goliathus speed re-fragged, goliathus contral and speed 2013, roccat taito, asus gm50.
currently using the taito as it fitted low sense gaming better than the others in my oppinion, the bad part is that the logo in the low right corner is extremly annoying and the edges are fringing out very fast on these, also it feels like its being worn out faster than my goliathus speed re-fragged and qck+ i had before. Cannot recommend the 2013 version of both goliathus at all, they disappointed me right from the beginning- the older version are so much smoother, just get these if you consider buying a goliathus. 
The asus gm50 felt nice, but it wasn't fitting into my lowsense gameplay and i wasnt satisfied with its shape so i gave em away.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #585 of 616
Previous mouse - Steel Series Sensei Pro
Current mouse - Steel Series Sensei Wireless

Obviously, I like the shape, otherwise, regardless of performance, I wouldn't pick it twice.
Performance wise, I cannot distinguish between the Sensei Pro and the wireless in terms of lag. Someone did a test - averaging the response time and found that is is 20ms slower. Fair enough if you are a pro competitive FPSer, but for the average gamer, the lack of cord torsion is a big plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back