Mountian bike-fi
Mar 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #47 of 95
ok, lets see if this works.
Pics of my Niner RIP9, Niner Sir9 and Voodoo Aizan. All are 29er, Sir9 has been converted to 1X9 hardtail with a Reba,
Aizan is going to be SS rigid, and changed the RIP9 fork to a WB 135 Fluid.
sir9006.jpg

rip9.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #48 of 95
That red Niner is soooo sweet! Love the Brooks!

My MTB ride is a Specialized M2 Stumpjumper (orange & sky blue), Manitou, Race Face, Mavic Cross Max, Easton carbon bars, carbon seattube, various gold blingy bits. Maaxis Wormdrives in summer/those green Michelins in winter.

Trails: Locally, Epping Forest. Nationally, South Downs/North Downs/Peak District/Wales

Ridden Moab and Marin on hire bikes (Spesh and Trek) - the whole world's a trailhead!

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #49 of 95
Very nice bikes there darkclouds, especially the red Niner.

Here are my current bikes:

The commuter:
inbred4.jpg

29r:
29.jpg

tourer:
LHT.jpg

fixed:
fix.jpg

I think I got my bike needs covered now, so I'm looking into the headphones...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #50 of 95
Thanks stevie, the brooks took sometime to get used to. But now I love it.

Nice stable you have there Mikko, especially the fixie. Love to get a road bike but road riding is mucho scary around here. I probably won't last a week.

Notable parts spec, Jones H-bar (these are fantastic if you have wrist or finger numbness problems) and Mary bars (lots of sweep and you can still have gears, can't mount shifters on H-bar). I9 (industry 9) wheelset are real blingy, especially with red alu spokes and gold hubs. Have moved these wheels to the red Niner. The RIP has a set of red Kings now. :)

Oh, the biking started after I got out of audio (not completely out, one can never be completely out).

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #51 of 95
first of all, I am appalled that immtbbiker hasn't yet posted on this page. I would have expected him to have even started the thread!
tongue.gif

Anyway, I ride:
  1. custom Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ (X-country)
  2. Santa Cruz Heckler (FR) - my fav
  3. Norco CRR 2 - road racing/training
  4. converted GT Tequesta - now a commuter for the wife

I basically ride all over Southern Ontario and can't get enough. I also can't afford this expensive hobby anymore (wife and kid)...God I wish I could afford an intense or something like that!

Orielhighspeed.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #53 of 95
Here is my contribution,

I have not being doing downhill last year.. but here is my ride!

Norco Six 2005 with Saint crankset, FSA carbon handlebar, azonic xtension pedals, Thomson strem, 8.25" Magura Gustav front brake, Michelin Hot S 2.5" tires.

My cross country bike temporary converted for road rides.

Cannondale F800 2002 with truvativ crank, Thomson elite post, WTB laser V stealth, Easton carbon handle bar, Lefty suspension and Magura Julie brakes

Charles

six4.jpg

six1.jpg

six3.jpg

six2.jpg

cannon2.jpg

cannon1.jpg

Mar 25, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #54 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on Omen, get some pics on here pronto!

I almost forgot about my kiddie wheeled bike.
tongue.gif

Ironically enough, I have no pics of my favourite bike on my computer! I'll have to remedy that soon. You can catch a glimpse of it under my road bike in one of the pics above..

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #56 of 95
Quote:

GM, those are nice rides. That norco looks like it can take some serious abuse. Hmmm... red tires :)

Omen, you gotta fix them pics. Too small.

photobucket rules! Unfortunately, my pics dont...

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #57 of 95
Quote:

GM, those are nice rides. That norco looks like it can take some serious abuse. Hmmm... red tires :)

Omen, you gotta fix them pics. Too small.

None more black, it climbs surprisingly good for a freeride bike.
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #59 of 95
fixed gear bikes look so fashionable. I don't think I have lived anywhere that was too far for walking and too close for driving.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #60 of 95
I have a Gary Fisher Tassajara. Just got it yesterday morning. =T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back