Mountian bike-fi
Jul 14, 2007 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

lord_tris

1000+ Head-Fier
Lets see those mountian bikes and where you ride.
Ill start off
Mine is a GT Avalaanche 3.0 frame with 2.0 parts, ritchey rizzer upgrade bar,and xtc upgrade pedels
and i ride random trails in darmstadt,germany
me.JPG

DSCF3878.JPG

Jul 14, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not dare show a pic of my GT Karakoram!
eek.gif
It being a 1989 model.
blink.gif

I would not mind posting pix of my early-to-mid eighties Schwinn Sierra. Is there something wrong with your Karakorum? My Schwinn is in pieces in a storage shed, and is being cannibalized for the benefit of two other mtn bikes.

Laz

Jul 14, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 95
I have the exact same bike as you lord_tris. A 2005 model....no upgrades but it handled the trails in Tallahassee, Florida just fine. It is currently sitting in my friend's garage in Orlando until I get a chance to go there and pick it up from him. I'm not even sure if there's any trails to ride where I live now (Sarasota, FL).

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 95
here's mine:
sideretouched.jpg

'99 trek 7000 (upgraded fork, pedals, bar, wheelset, brakes, saddle, bashguard... i think that's all.)

i ride the don valley... although excessive amounts of work lately have kept me off the bike for several weeks now. must get back out there...

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not mind posting pix of my early-to-mid eighties Schwinn Sierra. Is there something wrong with your Karakorum? My Schwinn is in pieces in a storage shed, and is being cannibalized for the benefit of two other mtn bikes.

Laz

Actually it is in excellent shape! I am very anal about all my gear. I have not riden it for a while so if I was going to take it out I would:

- Clean and lube: headset, bb, front/rear hubs, chain, and all other moving parts
- Replace: all 4 cables, both tires, batteries on my rear strobe light

I might end up replacing the chain as well.

Jul 15, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #11 of 95
Nice bikes everybody. I used to do mountain biking, but after trying a road bike, I just fell in love and am now a certified roadie. Looking at these nice bikes makes me want to get another xc bike and hit the trails again, though.

Jul 15, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #13 of 95
Those Trances are just plain sweet looking. (I'll take your Hayes, lol.)

I have a Gary Fisher Wahoo, I'm to cheap to spend much on my bike as it works fine for me.

fishergoodtg3.jpg

This is from when I first got it, now its a bit more beat up. (I also got rid of those ugly reflectors.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back