Motorola Razr V3 Appreciation Thread
Nov 8, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #61 of 78
I just received a job offer for a position as a software engineer on the Motorola mobile devices team (which designed the RAZR), and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept, so you may all be running some of my code on your phones in the near future.
cool.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #63 of 78
Quote:

those vaja cases (for the razr at least) look like they offer little protection

I agree. That's why I'm happy with THIS case. It's not modern looking, and it bulks up the phone a little, but it protects well...even in the event of a fall.

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #65 of 78
I had the RAZR for a few days when I switched to T-Mobile. It did the most basic functions of a phone very well. Awesome reception and voice quality and the battery life was surprisingly good. But I ultimately took it back because the thing was slow as hell on everything. Web browsing was painful and when composing SMS I'd have to wait for it to catch up to my typing. The V3i is suppossed to address the slowness issue and add a TransFlash memory slot and a 1.3MP camera, and when prices fall on it I may pick one up.

I exchanged it for a Motorola V360 which may not be nearly as stylish, but feature and performance-wise (with the exception of reception) it kicks the RAZR's butt, but it is a year newer and uses a brand new hardware platform so no surprise there. But I long for a smartphone with Bluetooth and a camera (I have a Motorola MPx200 but it has no cam or Bluetooth) and placed an order for a Panasonic X800 which I hope I like since it looks awesome and I have never seen one in person so I will be one of the few in the U.S. to have one. I will have to sell my V360 to pay for it, though, if I keep it which means I lose having a nice EDGE modem for my laptop.

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #66 of 78
I hate Motorola's interface.

That being said, I wanted a RAZR for the longest time, but when it dropped down to 100, I was like "Meh."
hahaha
I payed 126 bucks for my phone, so I thought of it as superior even though its not.

But I love my camera phone.

=]

The interface is much easier, but I wish the camera was clearer.

My phone = LG VX 6100

Nov 12, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #67 of 78
Hey guys. I've got a silver razr, and I was just wondering--everyboy that traded there's in for the black version (which I love), did you just walk into a Cingular store and ask to trade it in? I'll be going this weekend, if that's the case...

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #69 of 78
Quote:

I was just wondering--everyboy that traded there's in for the black version (which I love), did you just walk into a Cingular store and ask to trade it in?

I think the term "traded in" probably is just a figure of speech for "sold my other one and bought a new phone" or "changed phones when my contract was renewed". I could be wrong but I doubt very much any company is going to offer to simply straight swap a pile of used phones for brand new identical phones simply because some people decide they'd prefer black over silver. Speaking of which, I'd orderred a black version and they sent silver....probably on purpose knowing many people ( like me) would be anxious to start using the new phone and wouldn't bother going through the hassle of returning it and waiting some more for the right colour. I've had the razr for 7 weeks now and it's been great. So far it's giving me the best signal of any phone I've owned and that by far was my highest priority. The slim size and slick appearance is a bonus. Other than a rare text message, I don't use any of the other features so the slowish processing speed others have mentioned doesn't affect or bother me.

Nov 12, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #70 of 78
Well, the black one has video recording enabled as well... and something's weird with the external screen--there's a vertical line of black pixels that appear when the phone is clsed but not while it's opened.

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #71 of 78
Quote:

Well, the black one has video recording enabled as well

I've heard that, but when I checked the specs on the two from my cell provider, they don't mention the added feature .... they show the specs as identical....video playback only. I get the feeling that there are two versions of black phone .... one early released special video enabled and one not. Who here has a black razr...how long ago did you receive it...and does it have video recording capability?

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #72 of 78
Only things I like about my RAZR is the thinness, and the alarm.

For the alarm you can pre-set 5 alarms, and enable a maximum of 3 at once. Moreover, you can set the alarm to vibrate, which is really useful for me because in between classes when I take a nap at the library, I dont need to piss off other people with an audible alarm (something my SE s710 do not have).

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #74 of 78
Looks, reception, and what I really like, [size=xx-small]size[/size]. You can carry this in a shirt pocket and even your pants pocket without having to ever hear "Is that a cell phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #75 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
According to engadget.com, the Verizon CDMA version of the Razr is coming out soon.

Checking the VerizonWireless website, they now carry the RAZR. Good news?!

Perhaps a phone upgrade would be a nice xmas present for some
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back