Motorola Razr V3 Appreciation Thread
Aug 23, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #31 of 78
I'd go to Boston's Chinatown but I honestly can't be bothered to do so for a cell phone. I just need it for phone conversations and I thought the camera might be a neat little toy to play around with. But if the phone's worse then I'll just go with the 180.

Thanks for your help!

Aug 23, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #32 of 78
Just go to a store and tryout the cellphones yourself. Like headphones, everyone has different opinions and perspective on things. Dont just take my word on it, as you may like the V220 better than the V180.

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #33 of 78
I've got one, and I love it. It's a silver version with a black cell-skin on it. The form-factor is amazing (especially for school) and the build-quality is just awesome. I am also consistently amazed at the call quality and reception - this thing sounds better than my home phone
eek.gif
!

Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to reply to this topic
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #34 of 78
I have the silver one as well and I am using Cingular.

Best part is that I got the phone free after rebates
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #36 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
I'm using a Motorola E815, which is much less sexy and hip than the Razr, but so far proving to be the best mobile phone I've yet used.

This phone's signal sensitivity is beyond impressive. The lower level of my house is below ground level, has metal studding all around, and never let my other mobile phones through with more than one bar signal readings, with frequently dropped calls. The E815, however, reads and performs full strength from wall to wall, corner to corner, down there. I also took it down to the race in rural Brooklyn, Michigan last Sunday, and, again, full strength readings and performance (which, unless you're using Nextel--with the Nextel Cup track installations--isn't terribly common in those parts).

Nice Razr, by the way. I wish the E815 was more like that, physically.

b.gif

Glad I saw your post! Finally a decent Verizon phone that's Apple-Mac iSync Compatible!

Sep 11, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #38 of 78
I was planning on getting one (still undecided between black/silver... both so sexy), but after a quick trip to Gizmodo, I dunno. I really love sliding phones, too. Which is unfortunate. But, the Razr has Bluetooth (which is a must for me), is quad band, and unlockable. Yay global phone.

Sep 11, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #39 of 78
My girlfriend just got one a little over a week ago, and seems to really love it. She's read the entire operating manual and has pretty much figured it all out. We took pics of each other and such. It's definitely cool looking, I just don't know if I would use all of the features.

Sep 12, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #40 of 78
I wouldn't mind a black RAZR but don't lust after one. My boyfriend has a silver RAZR and it's a nice phone for use as a phone. Excellent reception and voice quality and it seems to function well overall.

I'm using an LG MM-535 on Sprint and this phone absolutely kicks ass. Nice voice quality, good speakerphone, very fast web browser, the multimedia streaming features are cool, it has a ton of memory, can use MP3 and AAC ringtones, has stereo sound, and the camera is decent for a cameraphone. Wish it had bluetooth but can live without that feature. Now I just need to get a miniSD memory card for it and use the MP4 playback feature
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #41 of 78
I just got my black razr with a 2 year contract plus university discount for $180!!! I think it was a good deal.

I really do like the looks of it, and that was probably its biggest selling point to me. Its thin and light enough to put in ur pocket and completely forget about it.

I have heard many people say that this phone sucks because it doesnt have much features. But I think its sad to care for such functions on just a telephone. And the few functions recent phones do have are pretty bad in quality such as the camera, so better avoiding that than charging more for them. For me the only really useful feature is the mp3 ringtone.

And honestly, aside from the design, there isnt much to appreciate about it. Its just a down to earth, no bs phone. Chat, put in pocket, and forget about it.

I honestly think its abit of the ipod of cellphones.
biggrin.gif
But in this case, I dont think people go so far as to comment on SQ!!

Sep 12, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #44 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Everyone and their mother now has a RAZR, how hip is that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Yeah it's pretty lame, but that comes with the sheer amount of ads that Motorola's been running for it...I mean, they were running ads a good 3 months before it came out, just crazy.

People say the same thing about iPods, but keep in mind thats its features, ease of use, and convenience are among its top selling points.

Just because a lot of people own the RAZR, doesnt mean it necessarily has to be hip and everyone is trying to keep up with a trend. For me, and probably other members who own the cellphone, the features and quality of the RAZR were the reasons behind my purchase.

For me personally, I just find it very annoying when people bash on another product based on its popularity and public appeal. You dont have to like the cellphone, but please keep comments like this away from this thread, as I hate to point it out, it is the "Motorola V3 RAZR Appreciation Thread". If you have some personal grudge against the RAZR, you're welcome to start another thread about it.

Sep 12, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #45 of 78
I agree with fr4c comments above, I didn't purchase my Razr based on popularity, to be hip, or it's uniqueness as those attributes don't last long on cellphones. Build quality, features, and slim size were the reasons why I bought it. I had the Razr (silver version) months before it became available in the US thru Cingular. Later exchanged it for the black version for it's mpeg4 recording capability. I have other phones that won't be available thru Cingular or T-Mobile if I wanted uniqueness but they don't have some of the qualities that I look for on the Razr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back