Motorola Razr V3 Appreciation Thread
Aug 23, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 78
Quote:

Isnt that what all cell phones are made for today, as a mere sense of fashion and design?

Sadly, yes. Anything that becomes widely popular becomes a fashion statement at some point or another (think iPod), and cellphones are no exception.

Aug 23, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #17 of 78
I just had to decide between the razr and a Blackberry 7290. I went with the Blackberry. I figured I would try it for 30 days and then decide on which way to go. The new black razr is pretty cool.

Aug 23, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 78
My phone is definitely anti-fashion
tongue.gif
I wonder if they had an update of Maxwell Smart in mind when designing how this looked while you were talking on it
biggrin.gif

attachment.php

Aug 23, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #19 of 78
I think the Black one is much sexier looking
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #20 of 78
I'm using a Motorola E815, which is much less sexy and hip than the Razr, but so far proving to be the best mobile phone I've yet used.

This phone's signal sensitivity is beyond impressive. The lower level of my house is below ground level, has metal studding all around, and never let my other mobile phones through with more than one bar signal readings, with frequently dropped calls. The E815, however, reads and performs full strength from wall to wall, corner to corner, down there. I also took it down to the race in rural Brooklyn, Michigan last Sunday, and, again, full strength readings and performance (which, unless you're using Nextel--with the Nextel Cup track installations--isn't terribly common in those parts).

Nice Razr, by the way. I wish the E815 was more like that, physically.

b.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #21 of 78
Nice Razr pics btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Do these things work with verizon service?

How cheap can you get them?

-Matt

Verizon needs better variety imo... They have about 5,000 flipphones, and they all have about the same features more or less. They don't even have nice non-flip phones, let alone more trendy models like the razr. I'm only staying with them for the good reception for now.

Aug 23, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #22 of 78
I live in a black hole in regard to signal strength. I tried four different phones before I found one I could actually use as the primary phone in my townhouse (the RAZR).

Wouldn't trade for anything...at least for now.
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #23 of 78
I't a nice looking phone, not sure if i like the look of the keypad 100%...but i've also heard that it lacks a little in the features area...still, it's pretty pimp...

Aug 23, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #24 of 78
Yup, the Razr V3 is an awesome phone although not as easy to use as my Nokia 6680. I originally had the silver unlocked version for 4 months but ended up trading in for a unlocked black version of the V3 running off of T-Mobile service. Don't know why Cingular considers the black V3 the "Special Edition" since the only difference between them is the black version can record MPEG 4 video, other than that both versions of the phone are indentical. Despite what Cingular claims that the "Special Edition" V3 is available exclusively thru them only you can find unlocked version of the "Special Edition" on the net.

Aug 23, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #25 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I just had to decide between the razr and a Blackberry 7290. I went with the Blackberry. I figured I would try it for 30 days and then decide on which way to go. The new black razr is pretty cool.

Or you could wait for sort of a combination of both, the RAZRberry,
http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1299

I like small phones but don't like flip phones. Signal strenth and sound quality are priority though. So I'm on Sprint and I can't use this RAZR phone and my phone sucks esthetically.
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #26 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yup, the Razr V3 is an awesome phone although not as easy to use as my Nokia 6680. I originally had the silver unlocked version for 4 months but ended up trading in for a unlocked black version of the V3 running off of T-Mobile service. Don't know why Cingular considers the black V3 the "Special Edition" since the only difference between them is the black version can record MPEG 4 video, other than that both versions of the phone are indentical. Despite what Cingular claims that the "Special Edition" V3 is available exclusively thru them only you can find unlocked version of the "Special Edition" on the net.

Yeah, the only thing that was tempting about the Black Razr was the ability to record MPEG4 video. But its no biggie, I'm more than satisfied with MPEG4 playback on the Silver.

Aug 23, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #27 of 78
15tj.jpg

I like the Nokia-esque smiley-face
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
I'm using a Motorola E815, which is much less sexy and hip than the Razr, but so far proving to be the best mobile phone I've yet used.

This phone's signal sensitivity is beyond impressive. The lower level of my house is below ground level, has metal studding all around, and never let my other mobile phones through with more than one bar signal readings, with frequently dropped calls. The E815, however, reads and performs full strength from wall to wall, corner to corner, down there. I also took it down to the race in rural Brooklyn, Michigan last Sunday, and, again, full strength readings and performance (which, unless you're using Nextel--with the Nextel Cup track installations--isn't terribly common in those parts).

Nice Razr, by the way. I wish the E815 was more like that, physically.

b.gif

Cool man, I love my E815, I just got it last week and it sure is hot. The screen is big and beautiful and the reason I got it: KEYS, YES OMG!! The keys feel so good. The C/Net guy complained about the keys being slippery, but they don't feel like they're some sticky pos plastic, I hate that feeling so they own all as far as I care. If T-Mobile had service (which worked) down here in Charlotte I would've gotten a black Razr but of course they don't...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Verizon needs better variety imo... They have about 5,000 flipphones, and they all have about the same features more or less. They don't even have nice non-flip phones, let alone more trendy models like the razr. I'm only staying with them for the good reception for now.

Note that they don't sell Nokia phones...

Anyway, I want to get the bluetooth to work correctly on my 815 but right now I don't feel like buying that usb adapter.

Aug 23, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #28 of 78
...has anyone here used the Motorola V180 or V220? Do these phones also enjoy superior reception to Samsung junk?

I need to get a phone and though I won't spend more than $30, I need one that gets great reception. It's my only real concern. Cingular is giving the V180 away and the V220 is $30.

Aug 23, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #29 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG
...has anyone here used the Motorola V180 or V220? Do these phones also enjoy superior reception to Samsung junk?

I need to get a phone and though I won't spend more than $30, I need one that gets great reception. It's my only real concern. Cingular is giving the V180 away and the V220 is $30.

Both phone receives reception equally well, but IMHO the V180 is built much better, and doesnt have the plasticky feel of the V220. The only reason Cingular is charging you $30 for the V220 is for the camera capability, nothing else.

For the display, I find the V180 to be a lot sharper and more vivid, while the V220 looks pixelated. Also the hinges on the V220 tends to creak, so you may want to keep that in mind.

Heres an cell phone tip: Get cellphones/plans from Chinatown, if you have one near your area. Almost all phones are free or come with massive rebates. My Razr was free with my Cingular plan.

Aug 23, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #30 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c

Heres an cell phone tip: Get cellphones/plans from Chinatown, if you have one near your area. Almost all phones are free or come with massive rebates. My Razr was free with my Cingular plan.

Good tip. My friends got free phones and even ended up walking out with +$100-200 (via mail later on).

-Doesn't necessarily have to be Chinatown, you can go to any mom-n-pop cellphone shop and see what they offer. These shops can get pretty competitive, and that's why you can find really great deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back