Motorola Razr V3 Appreciation Thread
Sep 29, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #46 of 78
I had to renew my cell phone plan yesterday and decided to get a Razr V3 at the same time. Usually I research purchases BEFORE I buy, but because this was a spur-of-the-moment thing, I've been reading consumer reviews on the Razr after-the-fact. It seems people either love this phone or they hate it.

A lot seem to hate it.

I don't care about those who complain it's lacking certain features, or the camera is only .3 meg, but what does concern me is the large number of people who claim to have had all sorts of quality problems ... some of them having the phone replaced 2, 3, 4, even 5 times. Complaints about it scratching easily, about it cutting off calls, about battery life, and about it simply not working are abundant. Yes, there are many who say "I love it", but with so many seemingly having problems, I'm now concerned. I know people are more likely to complain, and I know many public "consumer review" sites are filled with both positve and negative bogus shill reviews, so I'm hoping this is why there's so many QC complaints.

What do those of you here who have this phone have to say now you've owned it for a while?

Sep 29, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #47 of 78
Well I've owned the silver version of the Razr for about 4 months and now currently own the black version for almost 5 months. The phone hasn't given me any problems and works like it susposed to. Never had any dropped calls or battery problems either.

As far as the phone scratches easy, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. You'd have to drop it or bang with some force to scratch the shell. The LCD screen however maybe another story since it's a polished surface and can be prone to hairline scratchs if you're not careful with what you wipe it clean with.

Although the Razr V3 may not have all the features or camera resolution like my Nokia 6680 or Sony Ericsson V800, to me it's still a great phone and works like it suspose to or at least mines does.

Sep 29, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #48 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
Yeah, the only thing that was tempting about the Black Razr was the ability to record MPEG4 video. But its no biggie, I'm more than satisfied with MPEG4 playback on the Silver.

The silver ones can be easily hacked to give them video recording. just needs some new firmware i think

I have the razr and i love it. i love its look, i love its feel. i love it's fit and finish. i love the little details like the beautiful keypad, which only lights up when the room your in is dark (it has a light sensor)

i hate the lag. i can type a message faster tan it can display it. and there's a small sms dictionary bug too.

but i forgive it for those 2 things because it's just so damn sexy. and the shape is so conveniet! it just dissapears in your pocket. no lumps

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Everyone and their mother now has a RAZR, how hip is that.

The amount of people that do, or do not use a product does not make it cool.

Sep 29, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #49 of 78
I don't really like flip phones and I hate external antennas, but I must say that Razr is very cool looking, although it is pretty wide and quite big when open. And, of course, quad-band rules!

Sep 29, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #50 of 78
my phone just died and I almost broke down and bought a razor. decided against it though and bought a sony p800.
The razor is just so damn popular at my school and nobody stands out with it anymore. defeats the purpose of its coolness (not doubting its cool just not unique anymore)

Sep 29, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #51 of 78
The cool factor isn't a factor with me. Neither are all sorts of features. The slim size, bluetooth, and metal housing is what attracted me to it but build quality, good signal, and dependability are more important, and some of the reviews were giving me concern about that. It's good not to be hearing tales of multiple replacements being required here. I'm feeling better about it now and am looking forward to receiving the phone in the next couple of days. Thanks.

Sep 29, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #52 of 78
I`ve got my razr V3 BLACK for a few days now.

the strong points of this phone ime:
great reception and clarity and imo it have a very slick design.
You can really mod every part of this phone very very easy.

but I really hate the phonebook.......blegh

all things together I love this phone.

Sep 29, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #53 of 78
My brother just got one of these with Cingular... this phone is pretty sweet. It's wide enough to still feel like you're holding something but so thin!

It looks like you can get it for free on Amazon with new activation. Can anyone tell me if this is a trustworthy source? I'm thinking of canceling my Nextel.

Sep 29, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #54 of 78
I have had my RAZR since June. I have traveled quite a few places around the country with it and it has performed flawlessly. I have used the camera more than I thought that I would. Thin, light, in pocket no problem, no antenna to break. I just wish that the black one would have been available when I bought mine. It's a great phone...
icon10.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #55 of 78
I've used Vaja leather cases on two of my PDAs and really like the quality and look of them. Unfortunately Vaja doesn't (yet) make a case for the Razr, but I found THIS place which appears to produce equal quality/design to Vaja. I've ordered one from an e-bay seller because he uses the post office to ship while Piel Frama uses UPS which charges unrealistic brokerage fees.

Sep 29, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #56 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
The silver ones can be easily hacked to give them video recording. just needs some new firmware i think...

can you tell me where i can find more info on that?

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #58 of 78
kyocera 7135
feqn35.jpg

it is the size of a brick but it does freakin everything (except pictures)
palm os4
sd card slot
mp3 player
video player
java enabled web browser
comes with tetris
icon10.gif

i love this thing as much as my karma and grado's

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #59 of 78
Vaja, the makers of very high quality leather cases notified me 3 days ago that they finally have a case for the Razr phone. It's too late for me as I already purchased a case from Piel Frama, but in case anyone's interested...

www.vajacases.com

Nov 8, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #60 of 78
those vaja cases (for the razr at least) look like they offer little protection
they still leave a lot of the phone exposed,
and leather wouldnt really go along with the modern style of the razr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back