motorcyle or scooter?
Jan 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #31 of 52
It's funny that people here in the US are so close minded. In Europe, your top MotGP racers ride scooters...

Vespa = baller in the scooter community.

I'de rock a Vespa like nobody's business if I had the cash to buy a Vespa. Then again, I live in a beach city, where the beach community is the dominant community in term of trends, style and individuality/originality.....Hawaii, Vespas are a huge population of your transportation as well...

Jan 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I do have a beard, I could shave it and leave the mustache, and grow it out so it would blow behind me in the wind.
wink.gif

You mean like this?
Glennhughes_villagepeople.jpg

Or this:
orlandobDM0709_468x563.jpg

Or just leave it like this;
McQueen_The_Last_Mile_Cover.jpg

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd rock a Vespa like nobody's business....

@oicdn: And you'd crash it just the same
biggrin.gif
. Have you recovered from your last encounter with the asphalt?
wink.gif
wink.gif
(I just want to emphasis that I am only kidding...)

Remember my motto? "Ride it like you stole it" well I'm having a hard time visualizing that on a Vespa or Piaggio.
This only comes to mind;
FLCL2.jpg

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #35 of 52
I love frisco. Over in san fran, by the haight, there's decent pizza, and the hills are great fun. Don't worry about whether your bike has small wheels or big, what's important is that it isn't a cage. Even if people elsewhere think you're a dork, because you're on a scooter, or you're riding a honda. Who cares? It's cool, it's fun, it's cheap, and it's not a car.

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #36 of 52
frisco frisco frisco frisco frisco
biggrin.gif

I agree with you about "san fran" though.

Im leaning toward a newer bike i guess. maybe the nighthawk 250. But hopefully Im going to test ride the race engine scooter tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes!

oh, and Ronin, my mustache will be much closer to #1 than the others, but it wont be gotee (sp?) ish it will be cut short in front, and then at the sides of my mouth grow long, like streamers. maybe I'll die them red and blue

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #37 of 52
You guys are killing me with this debate! It's just too funny.

For Island use, my Vespa is perfect. I love the look of it, but more than that, the ride is sturdy and safe and it has more power than I ever really need. As ken36 says, it's perfect for city use.

I'm thinking about getting a bike for the US where the roads are quite a bit more open than in Cayman and am leaning toward a Ducati muscle bike, either the SR4S (in red) Ducati.com or the new 696 MONSTER 696, but not to be macho. I just think that these are the kinds of bikes that will serve the particular need/purpose I have in mind, whereas the Vespa does it perfectly in Cayman with 40 mph speed limits.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, and Ronin, my mustache will be much closer to #1 than the others, but it won't be goatee-ish, it will be cut short in front, and then at the sides of my mouth grow long, like streamers. maybe I'll die them red and blue

Altogether now....Y....M....C....A.....

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking about getting a bike for the US where the roads are quite a bit more open than in Cayman and am leaning toward a Ducati muscle bike, either the SR4S (in red) Ducati.com or the new 696 MONSTER 696, but not to be macho.

No..No..No...the king of the Caymans deserves only the best, get the Hypermotard, the perfect urban warrior.
111505top.jpg

If you have a chance before or after the MOA get down to Munroe Motors in Frisco.

"GO TO SAN FRAN..CIS...CO . . .
How I love ya, How I love ya
How I love ya, How I love ya Frisco!"

-Frank Zappa (1967)-

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by majid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I be boiled in oil
And friend in Crisco
If I ever call San Francisco "Frisco"
Ogden Nash
I live in the City as well.

I would go for a scooter. Remember the ER nickname for motorcyclists: donors

You imply that scooters are safer motorcycles.

Care to enlighten me as to why?

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You imply that scooters are safer motorcycles.

Care to enlighten me as to why?

Ohh man.....we were having such fun.

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ohh man.....we were having such fun.

Not trying to rain on the parade here, but I am curious.

The original poster is trying to decide which suits him better. If a scooter is somehow inherently better (safer) than it may be beneficial for him to see some factual evidence to support such a claim.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not trying to rain on the parade here, but I am curious.

The original poster is trying to decide which suits him better. If a scooter is somehow inherently better (safer) than it may be beneficial for him to see some factual evidence to support such a claim.

@Tech2; How long have you been riding? (rhetorical question, not to be answered) I have been riding long enough to know that whenever motorcycles are brought up in a public forum, whether it be a party, a dinner, a bar, a safety nazi feels personally obligated to point out the unmitigated truth that motorcycles are DANGEROUS. Fact is Consumer Reports will not even review motorcycles because they are so inherently DANGEROUS.
So be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back