Motorcycle-Fi
Sep 12, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #421 of 500
  I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Indian Chief Dark Horse.  Just waiting for a couple other issues to resolve themselves first.

HOWEVER....should anyone have a 1989-93 Suzuki GSX1100 (Katana) (that hasn't been beaten and abused to hell) that they're selling, feel free to PM me.

....sT

Had fun last year with this:

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #422 of 500
  I had a 93' Suzuki Katana from '94 until 2009. The only problems I had with it, was the mirrors were horrible (jumped all over the place..worthless) and the fairing mushroom screws cracked the area around every hole, and fell out, even with locktite.

Back in the '80s, I had a friend (long since passed away now, though) who owned a Suzuki dealership.  In mid-'88 or so, I got the first '89 Katana 1100 that crossed the state line inbound.  I put the Suzuki re-branded Krausers on it and rode it until I sold it in '93.  I had been riding since the late '60's and was getting kind of burnt out on bikes.

The kid who bought it from me had no business being on that bike.  I seriously considered refusing to sell it to him.  I've little doubt in my mind that, before the end of the summer, he either destroyed my Kat or himself...I just never found out which it was.

Never really regretted getting out of riding at that time. It's only been in the last 18 months or so that I've gotten the itch again...hence, the Dark Horse.  Always thought it might be kinda nice to find another Kat like my old one as a project bike to go with it.

The 89 and 90 Kats were pretty good all in all.  The later ones did have the problems you mentioned....mirrors and 'glass cracks.  Later ones also were partial to alternator troubles as well.  I suspect Suzu switched to a cheaper glass later in the run.

....sT

Mar 1, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #423 of 500
spring is coming.... lets wake this thread up

May 13, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #425 of 500
Bought *another* CRF250L 5 months ago. The plan was to pick up a KTM 690 Duke, been wanting one for a long time, but decided to wait another year to make way for other projects. Now I'm worried they'll move production to India, at which point the 690 will be struck off my list. Second choice will be an EXC350F with SM wheels. 

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #427 of 500
Resurrecting this thread for my moto journey (so far).

It started humbly with a 1980 CX500C. But that lasted hardly a year before I got the itch to upgrade. I moved on to a 2001 SV650. It was great. I pushed the button and it ran (I'm looking at you, 30 year old Honda in Western NY). But, eventually I decided that it just wasn't particularly fun. Enter, 2007 Aprilia Tuono. Too. Much. Fun. I still love that bike even though I had to sell because I was moving across the Atlantic Ocean. I'm looking for a new bike here, but it'll probably be a bit smaller, fairly cheap, and quite city friendly. I look forward to checking back in with y'all once I get that bike going.

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #428 of 500
My bike. Summer, please hurry.

20170826_155954(0).jpg

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #430 of 500
After 25 Years of SuperSport riding, my wife and I wanted both speed and comfort (plus luggage and storage), so this is our new baby. We have been riding any weekend that it is above 45F.

K1600 GTL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back