Motorcycle-Fi
Apr 13, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #166 of 500
Spring has sprung in the Northwoods.
biggrin.gif
  Communed with my powerwasher yesterday with the result of four very clean vehicles, two of which are motorcycles.  We still have some pea gravel issues for the unwary left over from the winter, but it's definintely riding time again.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #167 of 500
Ya. yesterday was close to 70, and I went out for a 1 hour ride before rush hour. It was wonderful to be back on the horse again with my spring Scorpion jacket. w/ full padding.

Watch out for that sand and salt left by the spreaders, and in NYC, the potholes are so bad, it's like riding a dirtbike, mostly up out of the saddle. But a bad day on the bike is better than a good day at work!

It's rainy and back in the upper '40's now.

Last year, I had the upper flies removed and a PCIV installed, so if it's possible, I made a 2.3 second bike even faster (not that I'll ever use it's potential.

Working towards this (not bad for a 500lb. bike), no?:

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #170 of 500
well got approved for a used motorcycle loan at a ridiculously low interest rate..haven't got around to test riding the different bikes cause i've been sick all week. street bike's sold last weekend.

alphaphoienix, know what you mean about riding in the PNW, especially a super sport one.

Been busy building up a trailer to haul my dirt bike last weekend. hoping to have it ready in a few days. 

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #171 of 500

Quote:
Love your bike, ronin74! I didn't pick the one up down here, but there is a Buell in my future. I love the company.

And I have to agree with you about the rest, though I haven't gone back to film yet. I'm trigger-happy with the Nikon and love emailing photos around. Though part of me wants to fool around with medium format and platinum prints.

Uncle,

Thanks!  There's something about running a belt and not a chain, lifters instead of a chain, it's...liberating.
I heard a rumor that Eric Buell Inc. is coming back, independent of Harley.  Harley/Buell folded last year so there aren't any new beasts on the market. Can't wait to see what Eric comes up with next.
FWIW my motor images on page 5 of this thread were scanned contact prints shot with an 8x10 view camera on paper negatives, presently I'm experimenting with gum bichromate prints from Polaroid SX-70 lifts. (yeah I think I'm crazy).

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #172 of 500

Quote:
My Boxer had an opposed twin, but could still be considered a thumper. Most thumpers have such vibration issues, it shakes your bowels like Ex-Lax.
The reel to reel comment was based upon you joy of older analog devices (vinyl, tubes, etc).

Good thing you're back in the saddle, you seemed to be getting a little cranky, a little cabin fever.
And yes I actually did "get" what you were saying, but my crap-for-brains just heard..."your crap (fecal matter) was silky smooth because of your BMW Twin/Ex-lax."
When you get to my age a soft crap and a warm bed become priorities.

By definition a "Thumper" is a single cylinder, 4-stroke, which also promotes prostate health.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #174 of 500

Quote:

By definition a "Thumper" is a single cylinder, 4-stroke, which also promotes prostate health.

Tru Dat

I wish that was me. The last time I lifted my front end close to that, was by accident, when a German Shepard came lunging at me out of nowhere in the street while I was going from 1st to 2nd 
smile.gif

That's a track bike, No plate, no rear signals.That's really bad for the oil in your engine. I've heard of guys doing that, and then blowing a hole in their engine 2 miles down the road.
Nothing like seeing what your cylinders look like while the bike is still on.

Quote:
^^IS THAT YOU Dragging the license plate??!!?

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #175 of 500

Quote:
I was going to suggest "Trailer In a Bag" until I saw the cost.  Definitely not worth $1200, but maybe you can get some ideas.

Apologies for the multi-posts, too tired to think in any organized fashion.

That's pretty cool!! I wouldn't mind the 1200$ price given the fact that the other option would have been to buy a truck (in this economy and gas prices :p ).

I went this route  http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb-capacity-48-inch-x-96-inch-heavy-duty-foldable-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

Getting a hitch installed on my corolla tomorrow  lol

Got a 2% interest rate on a used motorcycle loan..time to decide between 

or this 

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #176 of 500
^^ 675 Triple for sure!!

I have tried it on a demo day and it was amazing! I still prefer the 600RR or the R6, but that's just me. I would have one of these if my insurance wouldn't be $10,000 :frowning2:. 2 years - then I can upgrade to a supersport :D

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #177 of 500
they are both 675 triples..but i know you are talking about the daytona.

reasons for preferring the 600RR or the R^?

If the daytona doesn't do it for me, then i will try out the R6. I am rather partial towards the yamahas. :p

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #178 of 500
I tried the Daytona at a Super Sunday. They had a trailer with all of their bikes in Hebron, CT (so did BMW), and I can tell you that it looks better than it rides (at least 2-up, it does).

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #179 of 500
i am yet to try the daytona and the street triple...going to ride the R6, CBR and the ZX6R as well and see what feels right to me. 

The street triple makes more sense for every day riding though the super sports look way cooler.

What would you guys recommend i look at ?  I have ridden the SV650 and its really nice, especially the one i rode (heavily modified and tuned just right) and is worth considering too. The ducati monster is another, though its air cooled and so will have starting problems in the cold weather and have a dry clutch which i am not too fond of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back