Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please)
May 15, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #16 of 72
If u are looking for a crystal clear dynamic iem,
With a tough well made cable..
Look out for the hisoundaudio Golden Crystal.
Use with comply tips n u get a even balanced bass without sibilance in the highs.

May 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #17 of 72
I don't think RE 400 is underrated... For me, maybe UM1?
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #18 of 72
Quote:

I hated the microphonics on that cord :frowning2:  Otherwise, it was a great headphone.  I had a few fit issues as well :frowning2:

I had fit issues as well - couldn't make use of the stock tips - had to find others in my collection before I could get a proper seal. I noticed the microphonics, but it wasn't a dealbreaker. :)

May 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #20 of 72
Klipsch X10 is forgotten about frequently; IMO it outshines most of the other top-tier BA IEMs in terms of bass extension and texture. It has an awesome, full sound; clearly bass colored, not for fans of neutrality, but the mids are no slouch and sound great with female vocals. Overall they are some of the best phones I've heard for vocal trance and other modern pop/dance music. They should be selling like hotcakes at the $120 or so they fetch on Amazon ATM.

May 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #21 of 72
The radius ddm have been clearly forgotten. Very solid full sound due to the dual drivers. The bass slams with authority without being bloated. Mids and highs are detailed too. Such a big sound from a small package

May 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #23 of 72
UM Mage is certainly not talked about much anymore since the Miracles came out. The Hiditon NT6 are not underrated, but not talked about much also.

May 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #24 of 72
Quote:
UM Mage is certainly not talked about much anymore since the Miracles came out. The Hiditon NT6 are not underrated, but not talked about much also.

There is a set of Mage that has been on the sale/trade thread for the longest time - I thought about them before I got set up with my Heir CIEMs - I also liked the CC51 - they are my wife's office phones now (the white ceramic housing is oh, so stylish!)

May 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #26 of 72
Quote:
Apple Earpods and JVC FX40 should be mentioned every time a newbie asks for a recommendation <$50, IMO.

The EarPods are good, but not that good.  I'd rather recommend a Dunu Trident of Etymotic EtyKid in place of that.  Or the Dunu Detonator. 

May 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #29 of 72
I hear very little about UE600/700 despite them being at a pretty damn tempting price range for balanced armature IEMs. Did the acquisition by Logitech damage UE's brand name in the eyes of Head-fi'ers or something?

May 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #30 of 72
Quote:
I hear very little about UE600/700 despite them being at a pretty damn tempting price range for balanced armature IEMs. Did the acquisition by Logitech damage UE's brand name in the eyes of Head-fi'ers or something?

UE700 is discontinued - they almost cost as much as TF10 at Amazon! I have never heard the 600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back