Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please)
May 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

dilpal

100+ Head-Fier
Hello friends, I searched a little about underrated IEMs on head-fi and could not find a dedicated thread (although there are few threads for full size cans and overrated IEMs). So here is this thread. You can share the most underrated IEMs here( SQ wise, Price wise etc.)

For me it is Meelectronics SP-51 quite balanced sound and good deep bass.
Edit: I have changed the title of thread to Most underrated/ Forgotten  IEMs.....(only IEM please) by taking idea from some posts. Some earphones are very well rated but as time passes by they tend to vanish from people's memory. So idea here is to find those gems again.

May 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 72
Quote:
Hello friends, I searched a little about underrated IEMs on head-fi and could not find a dedicated thread (although there are few threads for full size cans and overrated IEMs). So here is this thread. You can share the most underrated IEMs here( SQ wise, Price wise etc.)

For me it is Meelectronics SP-51 quite balanced sound and good deep bass.

I feel like most of the Meelectronics are probably underrated, simply because they are so underpriced. 

May 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 72
JVC HA FX40 is pretty good for $20

May 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 72
I would make mention of the Audiofly AF56 - it is a nice sub $100 unit with a 13mm dynamic driver that isn't bass heavy at all - it is a little thick out of the box, but opens up nicely after some use. I kinda like the cloth cord, although I know some have had issues with fraying at the plug. I haven't had any issues whatsoever - Nice sounding and very well built headphone.

May 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 72
re-400 doesnt get the attention it deserves.

May 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 72
Quote:
I would make mention of the Audiofly AF56 - it is a nice sub $100 unit with a 13mm dynamic driver that isn't bass heavy at all - it is a little thick out of the box, but opens up nicely after some use. I kinda like the cloth cord, although I know some have had issues with fraying at the plug. I haven't had any issues whatsoever - Nice sounding and very well built headphone.

I hated the microphonics on that cord :frowning2:  Otherwise, it was a great headphone.  I had a few fit issues as well :frowning2:

May 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 72
Quote:

It's still relatively new, that's why.  It takes time to get accepted :p

its been out long enough. the new shure has a bigger thread and hasnt been released yet

May 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #9 of 72
Quote:

its been out long enough. the new shure has a bigger thread and hasnt been released yet

Hype doesn't deal with how "rated" it is...  Size of the thread isn't the issue, it's how many people have their hands on it and can attest to how good it is. 

May 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 72
Or how it really happens on headfi most of the time, its about how many people read about those 3 people who actually got their hands on it and attest to how good the headphones that they never heard sound.
Quote:

Hype doesn't deal with how "rated" it is...  Size of the thread isn't the issue, it's how many people have their hands on it and can attest to how good it is. 

May 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 72
Quote:
ADDIEMs and W2, HIGHLY underrated, giant killers. Thing is, they require tweaking....

Agree with the ADDIEM.  Haven't heard the W2.

Quote:
Or how it really happens on headfi most of the time, its about how many people read about those 3 people who actually got their hands on it and attest to how good the headphones that they never heard sound.

FOTM has nothing to do with how well it's rated :p  LOL.  It takes time, lots of time to really get that well regarded like what you'd expect.  Take the new Shure for example.  It's thread is huge, people are talking about it...  Yet it's still unrated... 

May 15, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #15 of 72
Quote:
ADDIEMs and W2, HIGHLY underrated, giant killers. Thing is, they require tweaking....

When I saw the measurements on Rin's site this morning, I shook my fist in triumph. Finally someone else acknowledging them. These things are glorious.

Ahh, confirmation of opinions from peers...it's what the internet is all about. Feels good, feels good.

Quote:
re-400 doesnt get the attention it deserves.

?? 
To the contrary, I though it was getting quite a bit of attention, in fact I perceived others perceiving it as being the "it" thing lately around this price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back