most stylish headphones?
Dec 16, 2001 at 7:57 PM Post #16 of 33
Who made those sexy earbuds?
smily_headphones1.gif

You know, the gold ones? Baush and Lomb or something.

Dec 16, 2001 at 10:14 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Who made those sexy earbuds?
smily_headphones1.gif

You know, the gold ones? Baush and Lomb or something.

You're probably thinking of the Bang & Olufsen A8's, that jlomein just mentioned.
I like the Grado HP-series, the Sony V700 looks pretty cool too. I think the Sony e888 are the best looking on me, as I like my headphones to be small and not look the least bit goofy.

Dec 16, 2001 at 10:20 PM Post #20 of 33
In my own neutral and unbiased <cough> opinion,
NO other headphone kicks butt and takes names in the looks Dept. like these do:
ox1.jpg

Dec 16, 2001 at 11:26 PM Post #22 of 33
I would have to vote somehting in thos order:

1) Audio-Technicas listed below/other really expensive nicely finished headphones like Sony R-10, Orpheus, etc, IMO they are in another league.

2) Sony MDR-F1

3) Phillips HP550/890

4) Sennheiser HD590

Dec 17, 2001 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 33
I gotta go with mrael... nothing else even comes close to those beauties
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

what's the most stylish looking pair of cans..

In order:

1. Sennheiser
2. Sony
3. AKG
4. Koss
5. Etys
6. Beyerdynamic
7. Grado

Hard to rate entire lines, when individual 'phones can be ugly or attractive...

Dec 17, 2001 at 2:11 AM Post #24 of 33
Every time I see those AT2002s I just think Oh $#!t!!! Maybe not stylish in the trendy sense, but stylish in an Armani upper-class way.

Dec 17, 2001 at 12:56 PM Post #27 of 33
the sony and phillip(aka sony clone) has the best looking phones compared with its price and performance. you can pick up a great looking pair of sony for $30. And their ear plugs totally outclass the etys in turn of style.. the mid-level grado looks really cheap to me

Dec 17, 2001 at 1:06 PM Post #28 of 33
Well Sony has always excelled in the looks department more than anything else on the cheap side. I think actually that's the wise thing to do given current market conditions (or forever market conditions)
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

I really liked the little MDR-E837, simple but stylish, fit my ears like a glove, and thus sounded pretty good too
smily_headphones1.gif

Too bad
1. They're broken
frown.gif

2. Everyone seems to be wearing them now, I won't bother getting another pair
rolleyes.gif

The first time I saw someone wearing V300s he almost caught me staring at him. That was before I came to Head-Fi
biggrin.gif
Now I'm like 'oh no not that stupid guy wearing a VCrap again, he'd look much better wearing a PortaPro (I mean that would be great if you are at a fancy-dress party and want to look like an ET with antennae on your head
smily_headphones1.gif
)'

(I seem to actually see someone wearing them in a recent Korean movie, anybody know what I'm referring to?)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 17, 2001 at 3:50 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
the sony and phillip(aka sony clone) (...)

Huh? I've never really found Philips and Sony cans to look similar... they share a love for the silver look but besides that... what?

Dec 17, 2001 at 5:27 PM Post #30 of 33
I think Alicia Keys is sporting a pair of Grado's in a new music video that's making the rounds on MTV. Can't tell which model, but they're all black so maybe the SR-60 or SR-80. Anyways, they look damn sexy on her
cool.gif

edit: the video is for the song a woman's worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back