Most ridiculous album ever
Sep 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 42
SOLD! 
L3000.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 42
I have the flac version and find it better sounding than the CD.  The whites just sound whiter to my ears.  I have been checking HD tracks for the 192kHz/24bit version. I have a feeling it will be awesome and solve some of the clipping issues found on track 11  

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

No, the thing  I found ridiculous, is the claim that listening to white noise would be soothing.
So many dubious "new age" cd on the market, but this one exceeded my expectations, it couldn't be dumber than that. I've seen so many "healing music" cd, with binaural beats, wind chime, tibetan singing bowls... etc... Often these cd are musically uninspiring, and have no effects on health . Basically if you have NO musical talents , and wish to makes some money; then just do some weird noises and claim it has some healing effects. I'm just amazed that a company would  be enough audacious to SELL , white noise, and claim it to be SOOTHING.

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 42
I preordered one on vinyl.  I read it's not as dynamically compressed.

I like a fan on in the backround to sleep sometimes, or the rain.  It's soothing.  
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 42

Quote:
I preordered one on vinyl.  I read it's not as dynamically compressed.

I like a fan on in the backround to sleep sometimes, or the rain.  It's soothing.  
biggrin.gif

Yeah! I'm tryin' to get Mo-Fi to reissue this classic on 1/2 speed vinyl......  And a limited edition with pictures, CD, DVD and "I love Fans" button.....

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #14 of 42
OOOooo! it's so hard to think of the most ridiculous album of all time... "The Best of Marcel Marceau" which was two record sides of silence... "Chips of Wisdom" where Paul Winchell and his ventriloquist puppet Jerry Mahoney try to teach us a philosophy of life... But my personal favorite is Jon Anderson's "Olias of Sunhillow". Drug addled nonsense lyrics, a totally indecipherable "read along" book, weird phasey engineering... It just screams stupid at the same time being insufferably pompous... a winning combination.

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #15 of 42
Saw this on the Gruen Planet last night (Aussie tv show) as its latest nomination for the worst product ever. Link to ad from Youtube also below. 

(Aside: what at those headphones used in the ad??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back