Most responsive bass for ~$100?
Dec 19, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #17 of 22
I checked out the Reddit thread, there is good info there as well. I agree that rtings is NOT a place I would go for headphone reviews, although some data is useful.

I rolled through a few inexpensive headphones early in my journey, and 1-2 I got from Amazon and either returned or sold here. If you can swing it, I’d grab the black fiio ff3 for $86 and the sennheisers you’re considering from them, then send one back. It’s impossible to give a perfect recommendation because no one else listens through your ears, but I do think you’ll like them based on their bass, comfort, and open back headphone like sound. If I’m wrong you can send them back and tell me I’m a terrible person and should move to stamp collecting :).

I’d be interested in your thoughts comparing them, too!

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #19 of 22
I want as close to a full surround sound hearing as I can get

Two things...

1. I have had iems that are wider sounding than some of my full sized headphones.
2. For bass, surround sound... it almost sounds like a gaming headphone/headset would be a good fit for you.

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #20 of 22
No joke, all cheap KOSS options except the KSC75. The base in Porta-pro, KPH30i and KPH40 is both good and textured. Get the pads too (yaxi and the Grado ones for the KPH30i) and you seriously don't need anything else.

If you are willing to go a bit higher to a more fun headphone then PHILIPS X2HR will probably more than likely cover your needs.

Dec 23, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #21 of 22
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up picking up Crusher Evo's. I went back and forth with myself for days, thinking about all the cons of these speakers, but I couldn't find anything that deters me at all. Everyone was saying that the bass on these is unlike any other headphones, and I didn't believe them. I believe them. Absolutely blown away from these. It's everything I wanted. They're amazing quality for $150 too, the plastic is not creaky or cheap feeling. Metal hinges, Alcantara top. a perfect little ridge at the top for the point of my head, earcups are very soft, and these headphones also come with built in Tile that you can set up if you take them out...

The bass is basically a head massager, no joke, like it feels good. It also clears my sinuses. The bass is detailed and clean. There are different tones and deepness to each song with the bass kicks. I wasn't expecting the overall sound to be this good, either. The headphones are slightly tight on the head, but not an issue as they'll naturally stretch overtime. I didn't think I'd be using the bass slider, or decreasing the bass at all--but at times I have to because the bass is just vibrating my skull. It's 100% enjoyable to me though and I listen to them with the bass at max for most of the time. I used to have subwoofers in my car.

These have been glued to my skull for basically all day everyday. here's a list from the top of my head of other headphones I've had/tried, not model specific: Sony Extra Bass headphones, Beats, Audio Technica's, and Bose QC's.

Thanks again yall!

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #22 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back