Most respected Head-Fiers
Feb 29, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #46 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I respect every head-fi'er until he/she gives me a reason to stop.
smily_headphones1.gif

Agree.

Quite frankly, there are less than a handful of head fi members that I don't respect.

Feb 29, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #48 of 79
I started making a post the other night but got to about 30 names and felt bad because I knew I had forgotten some, so I decided to not post.

I will say that I respect almost everyone, and my "most respected" have been mentioned, and some have posted, in this thread already.

If it's a competition let me know and I'll try harder!

Luminette, Intoflatlines, thanks, but I've done nothing though!

Mar 1, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #50 of 79
Iron_Dreamer is another helpful Head-fier when it comes to helping out the junior members. His reviews are also very good.

I know its been mentioned before but Skylab is also a very positive influence on this community.

Mar 1, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #51 of 79
a whole bunch of people actually... but these guys definitely deserve some recognition:

DarkAngel
markl
Jahn
Mr Slacker

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #52 of 79
I have to say, but Duggeh's posts make me crack up. Therefore, he has my respect. (doesn't make sense? I know
tongue.gif
)

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #53 of 79
there are many fine folks and i'd like to tip my hat, in particular for all their time, efforts, and generosity to this community, to jude, immtbiker, wmcmanus, bozebuttons, voltron, boomana, asr, afrikane, skylab, sk138, slwiser, pendles, mrarroyo, duggeh, markl, and ... (many other deserving folks)....
i've some trepidation about making such a post lest i offend the many deserving others i've not bothered to list, especially those i've personally befriended over the last couple of yrs. you folks really are a great bunch.

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #54 of 79
I can't believe my name even came up! Thanks!

I would like to add a vote for Uncle Erik. He's a real stand-up guy, and gave me a great deal on my first tube amp!

I would also like to add Warrior05. He and Steve make some really cool stuff. Kudos to them for spreading their great products around the community.

Mar 30, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #55 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't be mad at me if you feel left out.
There are simply too many friendly and respectful people around here to list you all. Have me excused.
wink.gif

Spritzer
Duggeh
xenithon
webbie64
randerson3024
afrikane
Jude

Thank you miss!
biggrin.gif

Thanks, you, Spritzer, JJCHA, Afrikane, Milkpowder, and really everyone else have made me feel like part of a cool family!

Mar 30, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #56 of 79
Gonna say:

Joe (jgonino)
Skylab (read quite a few of his reviews)
Asr (helpful to me with headphones)
Wmcmanus (SP? sorry, but I've always seen a random post or two from him and they're always meaningful)

These are a few that I can see that act fo the most part in a respectful manner on the forum. I'm sure I forgot a bunch of people, and of course much respect to the mods and contributors.

EDIT: Thanks into, have to say I forgot FeedMeTrance and into as well. I'm sure more will come up. Ooo, brainsalad....even though I can't make up my mind on buying a cable from him
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #57 of 79
Hmmm...

Kelly - Because he has the cutest avatar.
GPalmer - Because he has Silent Bob as his avatar.
WMCmanus - Because everyone loves Santa Claus.
Redshifter - Because he was more stable in person than I expected.
Ray Samuels - Because he fed me.
Immtbiker - Because I will forever pronounce his name as "Im-mity-bicker."
Tyll - Because the fury and power of his Hawaiian shirts and ukulele cannot be denied.
Plainsong - PUPPIES!
Jude - Because for some reason he still hasn't banned me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I respect every head-fi'er until he/she gives me a reason to stop.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well crap.

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #58 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of great people here, but dsavitsk is hugely worthy of respect.

Not sure what I did to deserve that, but thanks. I'm really flattered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy heck, not sure how I mad the list, but thanks all the same.

If anyone deserves to be on this list, it's got to be you. One innocent question (and a lot of follow up work) from you has led directly to two of the most popular DIY projects, hundreds of people being introduced to DIY, new products for Headroom, tons of business for tube dealers, and lots of new channels of DIY experimentation.

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #59 of 79
I think the people who anonymously give stuff away should get more respect than the people who brag about it in give-away threads. It's not a give-away if you get something in return.

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #60 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iron_Dreamer is another helpful Head-fier when it comes to helping out the junior members. His reviews are also very good.

i seconded that.

markl - for standing for his beliefs not backing out to gang pressure.
neil -unmentioned code man.
Wmcmanus - keeping things peaceful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back