Most overrated musicians?
Jul 22, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #16 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Sarvis
You're right - I thought the question was about most overrated "music". So, it is about chops, then.

biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #17 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
Maynard James Keenan

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Tool

I hope you both get Bose Triports for Christmas. And you can't take them back because you don't have a receipt.

Jul 23, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #20 of 216
Let's see how many people I can irritate with my personal opinion:

The Beatles
Nirvana
Prince
Jimi Hendrix
Fleetwood Mac
The Clash
The Sex Pistols
The Beach Boys
Elvis Costello
Paul McCartney
Ramones

and finally

Radiohead

Have fun flaming, I hath spoken
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #21 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
Let's see how many people I can irritate with my personal opinion:

The Beatles
Nirvana
Prince
Jimi Hendrix
Fleetwood Mac
The Clash
The Sex Pistols
The Beach Boys
Elvis Costello
Paul McCartney
Ramones

and finally

Radiohead

Have fun flaming, I hath spoken
biggrin.gif

AHAHA

Buddy Holly
Elvis Presley
Beethoven
The Who
Aretha Franklin
Brian Eno

And while we're at it...

Leonardo Da Vinci
Issac Newton
Albert Einstein

Jul 23, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #22 of 216
I agree that radiohead is overrated but they are still good and fun to listen to. Just don't understand the hardcore fanbase. To the harcore fanbase, pls explain why they are such a phoenomenon

Jul 23, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #23 of 216
There are two genres of music that had generated bucketloads of overrated artists. The first is pop-rock/alternate rock -- hardly will a month pass without someone being hailed as "The Next Beatles" or "The Next Guns 'n Roses"; I'm not even sure if these are compliments.

The second is the "crossover classical", vocal-with-orchestral-accompaniment genre. The record industry is simply exploiting peoples' inability to distingish between operas, musicals, or just another love song.

Jul 23, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #24 of 216
Like others have said, Kenny G. I can't stand that flaming sack of.........

For more Kenny G bashing fun, check out this rant that inspired this little ditty.

Of course, it probably doesn't help my cause that I might consider some of Pat Metheny's music the best thing short of the second coming of Christ *waits for flames and cries of 'overrated'*

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #27 of 216
Truthfully, the most overrated musician of all time is definitely Michael Jackson. If you remembered his HUGE phenomenon, he was in all the press, commercials, you name it. Glorified in every media. It was as if he were the king of the world. But if you heard his songs, they were ok and some were pretty decent but nothing mind blowing. I actually like Michael Jackson but he wasn't really that awesome. I love his moves though, that was amazing stuff though. His moon walk was spectacular.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #28 of 216
Nirvana has to be the most over rated rock band. There shouldn't be a following devoted to their music. I mean teenagers who were 6 when Kurt killed himself look up to him as an idol and not because of his music, but because of who he is. For what? What did he do?

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #29 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Nirvana has to be the most over rated rock band. There shouldn't be a following devoted to their music. I mean teenagers who were 6 when Kurt killed himself look up to him as an idol and not because of his music, but because of who he is. For what? What did he do?

he obviously inspired people, for better or worse. who are you to invalidate that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back