Most overrated musicians?
Jul 30, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #94 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
Jimmy Hendrix

He plays good guitar, but I see so many mention him as the best guitar player of all times when he was somewhat sloppy, and nowhere as good as SRV who happens to be nowhere as good as Jeff Beck/Joe Satriani. All who play the same genre.

I'd take Hendrix's "sloppy,"soulful playing over Satriani's technical prowess anyday. Jeff Beck... well that's a much tougher call.

Aug 1, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #99 of 216
1. The Strokes (a few solid singles, with the majority of the rest being pure filler)

2. Chilli Peppers (radio trash - a few degrees off from becoming NSync, BB Boys)

3. Oprah Winfrey

And someone stated Kurt Cobain is still cool....yeah, all my idols are suicidal heroin fiends who abandon their young children and seek the easiest solution to treatable problems.

Cobain = Rat Coward

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #101 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz
oprah? what the? since when does she sing professionally? what are you talking about?

dude thinks chilli peppers are overrated. He is clearly NUTS!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #102 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz
oprah? what the? since when does she sing professionally? what are you talking about?

I'm refering to Oprah and Big Bird's Holly Jolly Christmas album. Way over produced. Too much synth and drum machine...not enough soul.

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #104 of 216
Kurt Cobain/Nirvana
TOOL
Pink Floyd
NIN/Trent Reznor
Slayer

Those are my main gripes.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #105 of 216
<name> Simpson
<name> McCartney
Fall Out Boy

... most "artists" who have songs on the "pop" radio stations. Not that they wrote them, but they're overhyped in their crappy renditions of licensed material. Basically anything that your average high school/college preppy girl or jock guy would listen to.

Oh, and Dave Matthews. **** Dave Matthews.

*deep breath*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back