Most over rated genre (major boring) Your experience.
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #152 of 967
If you don't know what else is out there, you can be happy with what you have.

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #154 of 967
For me it's classic progressive rock.

I recently listened to Geesis's Foxtrot after decades. When I was in high school I played that album over and over. The first side had a couple of tracks that were laughably bad, and the second side was insufferably pretentious and drawn out. It reminded me of a bad Shakesperian actor reciting nonsense rhymes. It was definitely a "what was I thinking?" moment.

I have to admit, Yes makes me laugh... "Don't kill the whale! Digit! Digit!" and Jon Anderson's solo album, "Olias of Sunhillow" is the "Plan 9 From Outer Space" of album oriented rock.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #158 of 967

Quote:
Pretty much all "Yes" lyrics are like an acid trip gone bad.

Not to mention that the vocal delivery sounds like MICKEY MOUSE decided to go loco and sing rock.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #159 of 967
I don't get New Country at all....
Unfortunately, the music industry is run by capitalists and real artists are run out of town asap. I notice that people on this site have horrible music taste, but I don't tell them because I don't really care. But look at what happens to musicians with something to say, the industry takes away their production money and they end up making crap albums. The industry is crap... Listen up!

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #160 of 967

Quote:
I don't get New Country at all....
Unfortunately, the music industry is run by capitalists and real artists are run out of town asap. I notice that people on this site have horrible music taste, but I don't tell them because I don't really care. But look at what happens to musicians with something to say, the industry takes away their production money and they end up making crap albums. The industry is crap... Listen up!

Sorry but if thats what you call good music i will pass thank you very much.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #161 of 967
I mostly posted that song for the lyrics. It's not my favorite song or anything. I think it's sad that so many good musicians, that happen fit into a genre, end up on the bad list because they don't sell out. A lot of people around me listen to country all the time, they buy cds and listen to the radio too. They think they have some good taste in country or something because they buy music and listen to b-sids and whatnot. But I'll never get it i guess because I hate country, any side. It all sounds the same to me. You say you listen to 3 types of music on your page, so I wouldn't expect you to approve of this song, or anything else by Del. Anyhow, Ignorance is bliss, and your taste in music would maybe impress my dad, but I don't care either way.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #163 of 967

Quote:
This discussion is silly guys, we all know progressive is the evolution of music, why denying its supremacy over the less intelligent simple music, I mean seriously guys, come one, wake up.

1adf791e_backhand.gif

I won't deny that progressive is good. But i will say it is overrated. But at the same time how can you say everyone on here has bad music taste. Isn't taste subjective?

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #164 of 967

Quote:
Isn't taste subjective?

That's pretty much the point

I don't hate country music, but I still don't listen to it

That's my tastes

Others maybe different, but that is what gives us our tastes in music is comparing ours with people around us.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #165 of 967

Quote:
I won't deny that progressive is good. But i will say it is overrated. But at the same time how can you say everyone on here has bad music taste. Isn't taste subjective?

nope. you just havent get it right, yet.

dont worry, we all start that way. there is still hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back