Most neutral portable music player?
Jun 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

AlyssaBelle

Head-Fier
Hi all, this is my first post and as i am a lurker, i realized that there was not must information about a neutral DAP... could a kind soul please recommend one? my DAP(if it could be called that... it was so bad^^) just died on me...
beyersmile.png

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #4 of 38
I read the post in question, however I have the HM-801 and it trounces the iPod Classic and the iPhone. So I am a firm believer of the HM-801 as a top contender, I am biased because I have listened and compared it to other units. :wink:

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #7 of 38
But i have heard that it is weak in that it is unable to drive higher impedance headphones... is there one that is neutral(if there is such a thing...^^) and strong at the same time? like i said, i am especially interested in the Hippo Gunstick and the Studio... please anyone who has owned both comment on the UI of both and if possible how well it measures up against other DAPs..

Jun 27, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #9 of 38

Quote:
But i have heard that it is weak in that it is unable to drive higher impedance headphones... is there one that is neutral(if there is such a thing...^^) and strong at the same time? like i said, i am especially interested in the Hippo Gunstick and the Studio... please anyone who has owned both comment on the UI of both and if possible how well it measures up against other DAPs..

You can't really expect a DAP to drive something that requires an amp. They work fine for easy to drive fullsize headphones phones such as the AD700, MS-1, DT440, etc.  You shouldn't expect to use something like the HD600, DT880, or K701 with a portable player (even if you could get enough volume out of them). 

Jun 27, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 38
OK then.. thanks but i was looking for alternatives to the clip+ because i can't seem to find them here in Singapore... those of you knowledgeable here...please help! i have tried Sim lim square and funan to no avail and buying online is not an option as the shipping cost is...WOW!

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 38
The Sansa Clip+ isn't even sold in Australia but I managed to get one on ebay. Have a look at global ebay, you should be able to find something at a reasonable price.
It truly is a brilliant player, and this is coming from someone who was highly skeptical about it when I bought my first DAP (Which I later sold and replaced with a Clip+).

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #14 of 38

really? oh... i would have thought that the most neutral colour is one that IS NOT a colour(transparent)^^

as for what DAP i am going to buy... i realized something, i have my heart set on a hippo gumstick. and i don't know if this would come across as trivia or useful information but the hippo gumstick have been reported to be able to drive headphones of 250 ohm, think i am going to pop down to Jaben to see it for myself...^^ thanks for all the info!
Quote:
Most Nuetral?  Anything in White or Tan/Beige  :D

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 38

Quote:
OK then.. thanks but i was looking for alternatives to the clip+ because i can't seem to find them here in Singapore... those of you knowledgeable here...please help! i have tried Sim lim square and funan to no avail and buying online is not an option as the shipping cost is...WOW!

What about buying online from a local seller? http://forums.vr-zone.com/singapore-marketplace-garage-sales/670956-brand-new-sansa-clip-plus-sansa-fuze.html
Don't know about the Gumstick, but I've tried the Clip+ and can say that it's really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back