Most isolating tips for the RE0.
Jun 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

chengbin

100+ Head-Fier
What tips provide the highest level of isolation that will fit on a RE0? Does Shure black foam work? Are they comfortable? I tried the foam tips that came with my E2c and they were horribly uncomfortable (the rough texture were very rough on my ears). How long do the tips last? I'd like to know my options before dropping big bucks on tips.

Thanks.

BTW, I can't buy Comply tips. They're far too expensive ($31 for 3 pairs). Also, no foam tips, they don't last nearly long enough. I think triple flange tips are probably my best bets, but which? Shure or Monster (or other)?

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 11
Decored Shure olives with the Comply inner tube.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #5 of 11
I was going to recommend T400 as well but I think you ought to consider TX400 as well (reason).

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #6 of 11
With the RE0, you won't get absolute isolation because it is ported slightly at the back of the earphone.  Otherwise, foam tips like the Comply will fill the space of your ear canal better than most any pre-formed rubber/silicone tips.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
How long do the T400 last?

Also, what size should I buy if I use the small Shure silicone and rubber tips?

T400 should last somewhere between 1 to 3 months depends on how much clean you keep your ears. Once in a while (2 or 3 weeks) you can get some peroxide solution from pharmacy (usually a 3% solution) and submerge the Comply in it, but don't squeeze. This will clean the surface and prolong the usage. Eventually the foam will either crumble or lose it elasticity, then you will need to replace it. A 3 pairs-pack should last you at least half a year if you take care of them.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 11
OK, then the T400 are definitely not for me. I need something that lasts. I guess I'll be looking at triple flanges.

No wonder the Shure foam tips suck. They were 2 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back