Most Hated Headphones
Oct 20, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #76 of 91
AKG K141S - really did not like this listening experience, not to mention how discomfortable they are

Behringer HP1000 - plastic on plastic on plastic, and did I mention plastic? this continues my long standing detest of Behringer products in general

Sennheiser HD280 - cold as ice, brittle plastic, enough clamping force to squeeze my head apart, and this is all before you start trying to listen to music

Logitech's gaming headset - do not even get me started on how horrible these sound

and then theres these really horrible headphones that a local record shop has for demonstrations, not even a brand name printed on them, positively dreadful experience, but only if you're very unlucky are you forced into using them

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #78 of 91
D2000's. Everyone recommends them like they're the best thing in the world when its obvious that the AD700 is far superior and is cheaper.

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #79 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D2000's. Everyone recommends them like they're the best thing in the world when its obvious that the AD700 is far superior and is cheaper.

subjective much?

beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #80 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure a modded D2000 could kick the crap out of a AD700.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #81 of 91
1. Skullcandy (let's say Ink'd)

2. They'd have to pay me with hard drugs to be able to deal with listening to these things.

3. I have to sell them at work. We get more of these freaking things back than any other headphone. They're popular for the looks, but they sound lousy. Some of them don't even have Left or Right indicators on the buds!

4. I'd rather get a bag of plastic forks and pierce my eyeballs and eardrums.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #83 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't that hurt really bad?

The pain felt by listening to a pair of skullcandy's is far greater than that of being pierced in the eye and eardrum with plastic forks...

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #84 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure a modded D2000 could kick the crap out of a AD700.

I'm pretty sure too. Last I listened to any 3-digit ADs they sounded like rubbish. However, they were pretty tatty in-store demo models and much of it could be due to the earpads going very flat.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #85 of 91
This is no way my worst headphone but because it nearly drove me away from headphone listening so I included it here.

Stax SR-001 mk2

Sterile, make me don't want to listen to it. Plasticky construction.

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #86 of 91
Worst headphones... cheap earbuds. All of them. Every pair I owned in my pre-head-fi days had to be replaced after 6 months due to some problem or another.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment I hate the esw10, for looking to good and making me live on water and bread for a month...

LOL, man seriously you got me laughing on the floor. LOL

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #89 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pain felt by listening to a pair of skullcandy's is far greater than that of being pierced in the eye and eardrum with plastic forks...

Drama Queen.

Nothing beats the stock ibuds in terms of sh_ttyness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back