Most Hated Headphones
Oct 16, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #32 of 91
I don't normally spend too much time with a headphone that I don't like. However there is one that I spent enough time to get me frustrated over its bloated muddiness, the honour goes to the Sony MDR-70EX. Though to be fair it isn't the worse I've heard.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #33 of 91
I have to throw in the Sennheiser PX200s here. I regret ever buying them - awful and tinny sounding. When I pulled them out of their case after a few months the ultra-thin vinyl on the pads tore from having started to deteriorate and stick to the case. What to me is funny is that there are "cheap" rip offs of them made in China and sold on eBay - cheap copies of a **** headphone, oh the irony.

How much would I pay for them? I want Sennheiser to pay me for the gross dissatisfaction they gave me.

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #34 of 91
Hate is a strong word, but I dislike any uncomfortable headphone (the hd25 is just barely on the side of comfortable enough). I particularly dislike and IEMs with cable noise and/or poor isolation - that makes them useless to me.

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #35 of 91
for me the worst are these ear pieces that i got from virgin airlines when i was flying, i played one song and they broke after that. other than that i dont really like the KG-55 from AKG, very muddy sound.

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #36 of 91
Apple's ibuds. I had the old design and I didn't like the sound, but what made them even worse for me was that they would hurt my ears (because of the fit, not the sound) after an hour of wearing them.

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #38 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
currently ESW10, for being absolutely stunning and stunningly expensive.

Doesn't that apply to most amazing headphones its the double edge trait that keeps the audio business lucrative. Make something that make people cry when they hear an old favorite and make it disgustingly expensive....They'll buy it thats just a plain fact for ya
wink_face.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #39 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't that apply to most amazing headphones its the double edge trait that keeps the audio business lucrative. Make something that make people cry when they hear an old favorite and make it disgustingly expensive....They'll buy it thats just a plain fact for ya
wink_face.gif

well I'm getting stax o2 and amp for it around christmastime, but that's planned for and I will be preparing the funds for it.

ESW10, however, is completely unplanned for, and I may end up buying it still, since I need a transportable headphone
frown.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ear Damage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coby, the best of the worst.

At least with coby you get what you pay for. Not like they are charging you anymore than $20 for any of their headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back