Most glorious male voice ever?
May 17, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #63 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listened to "morning has broken" by Cat Stevens from the Best of Cat Stevens. The timbre in his voice will bring on gooseflesh!

Treat yourself to Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat, great albums!
600smile.gif

May 17, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #64 of 138
Jeff Buckley and Freddie Mercury both come to mind as having tremendous range. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned George Michael yet. Whatever you think of him personally (his act has worn thin on me over the years), the man can sing. Probably would have been a much better replacement as lead man for Queen than Paul Rogers (ever heard him doing "Somebody to Love" at Wembly Stadium?)

May 17, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #66 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since when does r kelly sing two notes at the same time?

it's not singing two notesat the same time it actaully hitting two notes almost simutaneously. what's wrong we r.kelly in the first place???? because he famous during our time"(meaning hiis part of pop music)????

frank sinatra was even a bigger part of pop music during his time.

May 17, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #67 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chris Isaak and Michael Buble for more recent candidates.

You beat me to posting Michael Buble. Just yesterday I was listening to Jane Monheit "I won't dance" where they sing as a duo. He does have a very pleasant voice, as well as Jane. They make a great duo.

May 17, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #68 of 138
Freddie Mercury. I also think that Daniel Johns of Silverchair deserves some credit...dude has a set of pipes. I saw them in February in Toronto and his vocals were astounding...

May 17, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #73 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Treat yourself to Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat, great albums!
600smile.gif

Yes, I too have enjoyed both of these albums.
Thanks for your input!
icon10.gif

lossless>tascam cdgt1>headbander-deluxe>K701

May 17, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #75 of 138
I've got a few to list:

Freddie Mercury, Sting (don't really like him, but his voice is undeniably great), Frank Sinatra, George Michael, Ray Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back