Most glorious male voice ever?
May 16, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #33 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cat Stevens has a nice voice, but it's a little too syrupy for my taste; that said "Sad Lisa" and "The Wind" take some beating, so somewhere between writing the songs and singing them Cat didn't do too badly. As for why he was refused entry to the U. S., I didn't think that anyone knew for sure, but it was certainly a bad mistake by U. S. immigration.

Jeff Buckley, yes. Freddy Mercury, yes. Nick Drake, Scott Walker, Rufus Wainwright, Robert Plant, Prince? It's so difficult to pick just one when the material that they sing is often so disparate.

I'd be tempted, though, to say Tim Buckley. His material wasn't particularly good (IMHO) but his voice always made it sound glorious.

Yes, I like those too from Cat Stevens, but if anyone has not heard "morning has broken", with a quality bit of headphile equipment they are missing my point.

I do like the direction and popularity of this thread, so I see it going for awhile to the benefit of us all.

thanks for you input! ;-D

lossless>tascam cdgt1>headbanger-deluxe>K701

May 16, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #39 of 138
Bing Crosby, the original crooner........just don't listen to the Christmas stuff.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #42 of 138
Jeff Lynn
Roy Wood
wink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #43 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkfloyd4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
STEVE PERRY
biggrin.gif

I was going to say that just because no one else had... until I saw your post...
tongue.gif

Since no one else has said this one...

Jeff Scott Soto

May 16, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #44 of 138
2x on Simen Hestnaes aka I.C.S. Vortex. He has something omnipotent power in his voice. His live-perfomance is very dodgy sometimes though, depending on day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back