Most expensive pair of IEMs you've ever lost ....
Oct 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

estreeter

Headphoneus Supremus
More than a little down this morning here in Thailand - had an absolute blinder last night but it would seem that I've lost the one pair of expensive IEMs that really did it for me (my Shures have been a major disappointment from day one, but the Westones were great). Given the relative ease with which a pair of IEMs can disappear - and sadly theft is part of the equation - I'm wondering how others have fared in this department. One thing to wake up with a hangover and a severely depleted wallet, but another to lose a good pair of headphones. The sole light on the horizon is that I know the staff at the bar quite well and they might turn up. I guess it could be worse :D

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 11
I've been quite fortunate in this regard. All I've left behind at the dentist once was a Sansa Clip wearing a black silicon case, $10 Phillips SHE3580 and 32gb card. The reasons are I don't take out my expensive gear as they can 1 get broken, 2 get lost/stolen, 3 I simply couldn't enjoy them to thier full potential on the go. Surprisingly my addiction to portable audio is used around the house or laying down rather than thier intended portable usage, however the portability is what I search to get the best sound I can that way despite having a desk ready for a desktop set up.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #6 of 11
Ultimate Ears 11 Pro.  Kinda sucked, losing them.  At the same time, didn't think they were the greatest CIEM.  Was fine replacing them with some JH13 Pros.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 11
JVC FX-Z100. I left it on the flight from Vancouver to SF.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 11
My TDK BA200… I swear it was just on my desk when I left my place.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 11
I lost my Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 in a cinema. Was quite gutted that I lost them. Searched for a better sounding pair, and ended up with the Monster Turbines. The inventory has kept growing ever since. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back