Most detailed IEM in the world?
Jan 26, 2010 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
What is the world most detailed IEM?? Is it the IE8, SE530, Westone 3, or what?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 32
What do you mean by detail? Treble scratches? Bass rumbles? The soft plucking of a guitar? Or do you mean space and air between instruments? Or perhaps speed. I don't think there is a single iem which can account for every version of 'detail'.

Some excellent choices will follow this post, I am sure!

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 32
whatever you can afford at the moment.

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the Phonak compared to the RE0

I prefered Audeo over RE0.
RE0 was too analitical and liveless. Audeo seemed to be more balanced in sound with better soundstage in terms of imaging. With Audeo you can enjoy music while still hearing details. With RE0 you can hear every details and every lacks in file compression.

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefered Audeo over RE0.
RE0 was too analitical and liveless. Audeo seemed to be more balanced in sound with better soundstage in terms of imaging. With Audeo you can enjoy music while still hearing details. With RE0 you can hear every details and every lacks in file compression.

I take it that you've listened to both, from your post it means RE0 has got more detail,didn't get the point about soundstage with phonak

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, who needs detail. when you are in the concert, do you hear/listen singer breathing? its fetishistic

You're making the naive assumption that people want to simulate a concert with their headphones. The breathing and small detail brings you much closer to the music and makes for a much more emotional and intimate musical experience which a lot of people enjoy.

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #12 of 32
Does "most detailed" mean "best" to the PM?

Just asking
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take it that you've listened to both, from your post it means RE0 has got more detail,didn't get the point about soundstage with phonak

I own Audeo and had burned-in RE0 for 5 days run test.
Well the level of details is about the same, maybe RE0 are slightly more detailed. But Audeo sound is more balanced, more refined. Audeo has better instrument placing and resolution.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audeo has better instrument placing and resolution.

Really? My RE0 is damn good at imaging amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back