Most detailed IEM in the world?
Jan 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #16 of 32
The er-4 is pretty detailed for an iem. However, I wouldn't say it is substantially more detailed than other phones in it's price range. It's just that its treble-emphasis tends to make small details stand out more than in other equally detailed phones.

If you really want to hear detail, get yourself a pair of lambdas.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #17 of 32
I am sure it must be the JH16. 8 armatures per earphone will resolve like crazy.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 32
I doubt the RE0 is amongst the most detailed IEM in the world. I would say if any of them are the most capable of delivering close to 100% accurate reproduction it must be something custom with at least 6 drivers per ear. Something made by Ultimate Ears or Jerry Harvey Audio. Something that you would actually have to save $$ to have funds to purchase.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 32
I haven't heard RE0 properly driven, only with E5. But this was not enough. I can tell you that when you drive Audeo from good amp (super simple hybrid tube amp) imaging is as good as with open cans
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 32
I think between universal IEMs Westone UM3X, Audio_Technica CK100 and Etymotic ER4P/S are very detailed IEMs. These will improve further if source, cable and AMPs has good synergy.
The custom IEMs are more detailed than any universal IEMs like JH13Pro, UE11Pro, UM mage and these canbe improve if AMPed them. BTW the most detailed custom IEMs combo i find here: JH13Pro + 5.5G iMod ipod + P51 Mustang + ALO CXS 18AWG dock cable.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The custom IEMs are more detailed than any universal IEMs like JH13Pro, UE11Pro, UM mage and these canbe improve if AMPed them.

-.-

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt the RE0 is amongst the most detailed IEM in the world. I would say if any of them are the most capable of delivering close to 100% accurate reproduction it must be something custom with at least 6 drivers per ear. Something made by Ultimate Ears or Jerry Harvey Audio. Something that you would actually have to save $$ to have funds to purchase.

It most certainly isn't, but it is one of the most neutral IEMs in the world for sure. If I had to pick the most detailed universal IEM, I would say it's probably Ortofon e-Q7. With e-Q7 I can hear details I've never heard before in any other IEM in my signature. However, I think Etymotic ER4 and Q-jays are also highly detailed IEMs.

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #23 of 32
No votes for the Klipsch Image X10?

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No votes for the Klipsch Image X10?

No way. The X10 does bass well but detailed (relatively speaking) it is definitely not.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #26 of 32
there could be a reasonably empirical way to judge headphones if a list of variables could be listed.

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #28 of 32
The most detailed IEM would be the one that is capable of producing the lowest level detail most vividly. That lowest level detail is ambient information. That IEM is is...................

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think between universal IEMs Westone UM3X, Audio_Technica CK100 and Etymotic ER4P/S are very detailed IEMs. These will improve further if source, cable and AMPs has good synergy.
The custom IEMs are more detailed than any universal IEMs like JH13Pro, UE11Pro, UM mage and these canbe improve if AMPed them. BTW the most detailed custom IEMs combo i find here: JH13Pro + 5.5G iMod ipod + P51 Mustang + ALO CXS 18AWG dock cable.

I would very much like to hear more about this new Westone UM3X in regards to this thread
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #30 of 32
i would recommend the skullcandies for detail, in my opinion they are the most impressive earphones ever , and definitely easily takes the cake for most detailed earphones in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back