Most detailed IEM for 200$ - 250$ ...
Jul 8, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 26
We should clarify 'detail' because many associate 'detail' with treble centric phones.  There is detail to be had in Bass, Mids and Treble.  Maybe clarity would be another good choice.  DBA-02 based on my readings perhaps.

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 26
Etymotic ER4P/S, CK10, DBA-02, RE0, MTP Copper and SE530............

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 26

Quote:
We should clarify 'detail' because many associate 'detail' with treble centric phones.  There is detail to be had in Bass, Mids and Treble.  Maybe clarity would be another good choice.  DBA-02 based on my readings perhaps.

As i said in the OP, analytical. I don't think, but maybe i'm wrong... i don't know, that the dba is an "analytical iem".

^^

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 26
By analytical I'm guessing you want a flat frequency response, right? And how are you going to be using the IEMs? If you're sedentary for example, the RE252 should be fine. But if you'll be active, or even just walk with them, build quality becomes more of a concern, and will affect recommendations.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 26
Depends on what you're looking for exactly. The RE252 is very detailed in a natural way but if you want truly aggressive detailing the CK10 would be extremely hard to beat. And it has much better all-around usability.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 26
Not for running/gym for sure, i use a pair of she9800 for that and i'm fine. I now that they are a bit fragile , i had a pair of RE2... but i can live with that.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 26
The new Etymotic MC5 is worth considering, with their cheap price at around $80. You can use the rest of the money to get another pair of earphones too. Although I have not heard the CK-10, from reading the impressions it seems to be pretty analytical too.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Depends on what you're looking for exactly. The RE252 is very detailed in a natural way but if you want truly aggressive detailing the CK10 would be extremely hard to beat. And it has much better all-around usability.

Ditto.

I'm a big fan of both.  The CK10 is more detailed.  Unfortunately even the best dynamic drivers, as detailed as they may be, don't quite match with balanced armature drivers can typically offer and the CK10 is one of the best.  The treble can be a little hot on the top end due to a significant yet narrow peak at 12kHz.  An open cell foam tip can help soak up some of that top end.  The RE252 is more balanced overall with no peaks or valleys anywhere.  The RE252 has outstanding balance and the treble extension and detail is one of the best of any dynamic out there.  From a personal preference standpoint, I slightly preferred the RE252.  From a functional standpoint, the CK10 is slightly better given it offers a little more detail and a more realistic, life-like sound.  The only deterrent is the treble peak at 12kHz that sort of needs to be addressed in some way.  A foam tip can largely improve the end result.  Because the CK10 has a wide nozzle, you can fit Comply's T-500, and it comes with an inline ear wax guard.  The tip naturally cuts out some of the high end, but you can even stuff a little batting behind the  earwax guard to further cut some of the high end.  Do it sparingly because this also cuts out some of the detail.  The better way is to EQ so there is no fidelity loss, but that's not always available.

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #13 of 26
ck10 is very very detailed.it is in the same level as jh13 when it comes to detail.But i have to warn you,be prepared for a hot treble.

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 26
Consider the Etymotics ER4B. This is the original Etymotics high end IEM. According to serious users it is more detailed, more neutral, and has greater frequency extension than the ER4S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back