Most Comfortable Headphones?
May 26, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #16 of 70
650s are the most comfortable I have had the pleasure of using but they required some stretching. I can see how people like the 701s but I swear if you have a big head then stay clear of the 701s as they will make you miserable.

May 26, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 70
I tried on many pairs before settling on my Grado SR-325i (don't buy them I think you will be one of the ones that complain about their 'uncomfortableness'-I love them to death). For COMFORT and looks, AKG 701. They really sound nice-I just like the 'front row center' sound of the Grados even though I like the way the AKG's are incredibly comfortable.

As with women, there are many great ones out there, but each guy has his preference. It's not a matter of good or bad, you have to LISTEN to them first for YOURSELF and take what everyone says on the forum seriously but with a grain of salt, it's YOUR ears and your preferences that count.
smily_headphones1.gif
Good luck hope this is helpful.

May 26, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #19 of 70
How about HD555? and 515?

was eyeing them

May 26, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #20 of 70
Any of the Stax Lambda headhones. My SR-202's are the only headphones I have owned that I have forgot I was wearing them. They may look big and heavy (they kinda are) but the huge leather pads and the awesome headband spread the pressure out so well.

May 26, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #23 of 70
If you plan on using them during travel I would suggest some closed headphones to give you some isolation from outside noise. The limted ed. A900 audio-technica headphones and wood audio-technica headphones have nice comfy earpads. Denon D2000 would also work.

May 26, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #24 of 70
My vote goes to the Stax SR-007.
I can wear mine for hours without any discomfort at all.

May 26, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #25 of 70
Of those I've owned and spent a lot of time with:

beyerdynamic DT880 > Audio Technica AD500 > Grado SR60 > Sennheiser HD580

After adjusting the headband on the SR60 w/ the stock comfies (as it says to do in the manual thing that comes w/ em), they really are more comfortable for me than the hd580's. After 1.5 years of daily use and even intentional stretching, the 580's grip is just to the point of never letting me forget I have something on my head.

The AD500's were very comfortable, but the grip was a bit weak due to their unique design (common to most AT's I think?), so they were prone to slipping out of position or completely off. I did some rubber-band mod and it improved their grip, but eh, still couldn't hold a candle to the dt880s
smily_headphones1.gif

The DT880's really stand head and shoulders above the others in my small list; they just float away after a <1 min of being on my head and have yet to cause my ears to get sweaty and what have you. The grip is just perfect for me: not so lose that they slip off if you look down, but not so tight that you're aware you have em' on.

May 26, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #27 of 70
Not available anymore, but I still miss their comfort: Sony MDR-CD 1700.

May 26, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #29 of 70
Has anyone here tried the K601 and didn't find it the most comfortable headphone ever? And wearing the 701 doesn't count! (weird bumps, wth) I have no experience with the SR-007, so that one might be more comfortable, some picture shows Jessica Alba wearing them, now thats comfortable
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back