Moondrop : Venus. .... mini review
Jan 13, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #48 of 53
In my picture the Modhouse are on the left. The lip on the back comes out too much and I can't stretch it over the Venus. I watched Zreviews and his pair looks like it has a smaller lip.
Hummm.

My Pads are the same as Z-s.
so, i can't explain it.
Modhouse has a contact email on their site..., so, ask them...
Maybe they have a easy solution.

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #51 of 53
This may be a bit off topic but I do think both Venus and Para would do well with better cables. I was annoyed about the highs and got Moondrop upgrade cables. That took care of the bright highs, however the bass became a bit more muddled. Then I got the ZMF Grand Palladium cables and now my Para sounds amazing. No more fatiguing highs or muddled lows. Just perfect.
I suspect this would help with the Venus as well. That said, the ZMF cables are 500 usd…

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #52 of 53
This may be a bit off topic but I do think both Venus and Para would do well with better cables. I was annoyed about the highs and got Moondrop upgrade cables. That took care of the bright highs, however the bass became a bit more muddled. Then I got the ZMF Grand Palladium cables and now my Para sounds amazing. No more fatiguing highs or muddled lows. Just perfect.
I suspect this would help with the Venus as well. That said, the ZMF cables are 500 usd…
I'm still trying to get the right pad dialed in.

I have a few cables with the 3.5mm connector and used a Norne and Plussound with Venus but I wasn't doing any comparison. I think the Plussound is pure copper. Will check it out again.

Have you seen the ZMF Caldera pads? I think those would fit Venus. I'm tempted to get them.

The Modhouse Xenon pads came in and the lip is too large to fit around. Would need to trim it first which I really don't want to do. The pads are amazing though. Super thick at the back and angled.

I saw the Venus Zreview and he was using a Modhouse pad with a shallower lip and MH branding on the side. Maybe there was a revision... Not sure if that was the Xenon pad or another one.... They only have two on the website and the other is the Caldera.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #53 of 53
I'm still trying to get the right pad dialed in.

I have a few cables with the 3.5mm connector and used a Norne and Plussound with Venus but I wasn't doing any comparison. I think the Plussound is pure copper. Will check it out again.

Have you seen the ZMF Caldera pads? I think those would fit Venus. I'm tempted to get them.

The Modhouse Xenon pads came in and the lip is too large to fit around. Would need to trim it first which I really don't want to do. The pads are amazing though. Super thick at the back and angled.

I saw the Venus Zreview and he was using a Modhouse pad with a shallower lip and MH branding on the side. Maybe there was a revision... Not sure if that was the Xenon pad or another one.... They only have two on the website and the other is the Caldera.
I have not tried the caldera pads as I’m happy with the stock pads. Too thick of pads will heat my head up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back