Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #4,339 of 12,007
So I ordered the S8 after having the A8 (that I just sold) and hearing the BGGAR comparison..
I really liked the A8 but my aging ears wanted more clarity up top that I think the S8 will bring..
Looking forward to these.

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #4,341 of 12,007
Yeah but there appears to be more “sparkle” and it was definitely noticeable in that comparison video. I don’t expect huge differences but there does appear to have more “clarity”.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #4,347 of 12,007
Dec 29, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #4,348 of 12,007
Blessing 2 Should be available for sale at taobao early Jan according to insider. like 6th Jan ++

so expect your reviewer to get em 2 weeks after that.

as for the graph, i really like how blessing doesn't seem to have much sub/mid bass. that would be really ideal for me

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #4,349 of 12,007
I had the chance to demo the S8. I think it sounds really good. It is very smooth but exciting at the same time. Super addictive.

very impressive with sound stage and imaging. Mids are smooth and rich, sub bass has good body and weight, treble is bright and bit boosted up top.

Upper mids are emphasized but stay within reasonable range for me (saxophone test succeeded).
Lower mids may lack a bit of body depending where you coming from (not ideal for some drums for example)
The treble might be a tad hot but I’d need to listen again to be sure. I usually like dark sound.
The tuning is special imo.
I tried different kind of recordings, new and old. Electronic and acoustic, vocals/instrumentals, High and low end mastering. They sound very revealing but they also have this smoothness that makes lofi/old recordings sounds delicious.
Well mastered music like the last FKA Twigs sounds soo impressive with it. I think female pop with epic production may be the ultimate type of music for S8

I tried briefly the blessing 2 and was disappointed, bass is better but the mids are too dry and thin next to S8. Maybe a bad pairing with my source ?
They fit similar than S8 but are thicker and heavier. Not bad but feel a bit clunky next to their S8.

Chaconne are tuned very close to S8 on the other hand. I was surprised how they managed to keep the same kind of sound with an earbud. But the vocals are way too forwards for me. Its mid focused although FR is very extended. I prefer the more balanced sound of S8.
The build quality is the best i ever seen from an earbud, really beautiful, they look better than on pictures and the fit is like a better mx500. Nothing to complain about on that matter.

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #4,350 of 12,007
I had the chance to demo the S8. I think it sounds really good. It is very smooth but exciting at the same time. Super addictive.

very impressive with sound stage and imaging. Mids are smooth and rich, sub bass has good body and weight, treble is bright and bit boosted up top.

Upper mids are emphasized but stay within reasonable range for me (saxophone test succeeded).
Lower mids may lack a bit of body depending where you coming from (not ideal for some drums for example)
The treble might be a tad hot but I’d need to listen again to be sure. I usually like dark sound.
The tuning is special imo.
I tried different kind of recordings, new and old. Electronic and acoustic, vocals/instrumentals, High and low end mastering. They sound very revealing but they also have this smoothness that makes lofi/old recordings sounds delicious.
Well mastered music like the last FKA Twigs sounds soo impressive with it. I think female pop with epic production may be the ultimate type of music for S8

I tried briefly the blessing 2 and was disappointed, bass is better but the mids are too dry and thin next to S8. Maybe a bad pairing with my source ?
They fit similar than S8 but are thicker and heavier. Not bad but feel a bit clunky next to their S8.

Chaconne are tuned very close to S8 on the other hand. I was surprised how they managed to keep the same kind of sound with an earbud. But the vocals are way too forwards for me. Its mid focused although FR is very extended. I prefer the more balanced sound of S8.
The build quality is the best i ever seen from an earbud, really beautiful, they look better than on pictures and the fit is like a better mx500. Nothing to complain about on that matter.
thank you for your impressions, too bad that Blessing 2 is dry in the mids, was hoping for smooth mids, the graph looks great, it seems like i will go with S8 but the treble brightness is a concern for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back