Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #11,836 of 12,011
I love my Blessing 2 Dusk, but do not understand the heavy anime association. Are iem's and anime synonymous? What am I missing? Am I simply too old to understand? It sort of cheapens the product to me, as if it were designed for kids.
Aren't we kids all the time? That's why we buy so many toys like IEMs. :) Waifus are Asian culture. So yeah you missed this trend.

Dec 15, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #11,837 of 12,011
Aren't we kids all the time? That's why we buy so many toys like IEMs. :) Waifus are Asian culture. So yeah you missed this trend.
So, I googled Waifu. That actually helps me understand it more. These are not necessarily random characters, but characters with origins and backstories and relevance outside of just the product.

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #11,838 of 12,011
I love my Blessing 2 Dusk, but do not understand the heavy anime association. Are iem's and anime synonymous? What am I missing? Am I simply too old to understand? It sort of cheapens the product to me, as if it were designed for kids.
It's marketing. While some en the Western part of the world might not like/understand it, the Asian part does. And putting well known/liked things on you products helps to sell items.
I would guess that the Western marked is very small, compared to the Asian marked, for a brand like Moondrop :)

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #11,839 of 12,011
It's marketing. While some en the Western part of the world might not like/understand it, the Asian part does. And putting well known/liked things on you products helps to sell items.
I would guess that the Western marked is very small, compared to the Asian marked, for a brand like Moondrop :)
Makes sense. It certainly is a bit small minded of me to view it from my tiny little corner of the planet. There seems to be a lot of nuance in this hobby. Many niches within a niche. 🤔

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #11,840 of 12,011
Makes sense. It certainly is a bit small minded of me to view it from my tiny little corner of the planet. There seems to be a lot of nuance in this hobby. Many niches within a niche. 🤔
Asking an honest question is far from small mined. On the other hand, giving a snarky answer to an honest question...

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #11,841 of 12,011
I'm sorry if my reply came off as Snarky, that was not the intention at all, I think your question is valid.
I think Moondrop, as a Chinese manufacturer, is just focusing mostly on their "home marked" and therefore use these tricks to get more sales. The small amount of sales they might loose in the Western world, is mostly like peanuts to what they gain in their home turf 😊
But thats just me making guesses, with no facts to back it up.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #11,842 of 12,011
Asking an honest question is far from small mined. On the other hand, giving a snarky answer to an honest question...
...is what?

I'm sorry if my reply came off as Snarky, that was not the intention at all, I think your question is valid.
I think Moondrop, as a Chinese manufacturer, is just focusing mostly on their "home marked" and therefore use these tricks to get more sales. The small amount of sales they might loose in the Western world, is mostly like peanuts to what they gain in their home turf 😊
But thats just me making guesses, with no facts to back it up.
I think this guy meant my posts. :upside_down: It's good to reach an understanding. I was just tired of many other comments and reviews denying waifu packages vehemently as if they'd receive damage not doing so.

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #11,843 of 12,011
I think this guy meant my posts. :upside_down: It's good to reach an understanding. I was just tired of many other comments and reviews denying waifu packages vehemently as if they'd receive damage not doing so.
I see, got it wrong, sorry for the confusion 🙂

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #11,844 of 12,011
...is what?

Is waifu universally an Asian market concept or is it specific to different regions? Like, does this style of art transcend it's Japanese origins? Am I off base to assume this is derived from post WW2 Japanese art?

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #11,845 of 12,011
Is waifu universally an Asian market concept or is it specific to different regions? Like, does this style of art transcend it's Japanese origins? Am I off base to assume this is derived from post WW2 Japanese art?
Tbh I'm by far no expert of Asian markets. Our friend @AmericanSpirit posted a lot of information about the origin and where you find those nowadays. Even western markets have printed a variety of photo realistic/not anime style "waifus" on graphic cards and other products.

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #11,846 of 12,011
I've been using May for the last few days and I've been having the same problem that ultimately made me abandon moondrop quarks dsp.
When listening to music, if the music has moments of silence or where the instruments stop, the DSP seems to restart and you hear a lot of noise. Even when the instruments are playing at a lower level, you hear that noise.
This makes it not a good experience.
any solution for this? This happens to me whether connected directly to the phone or to the hiby m300.

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #11,847 of 12,011
I've been using May for the last few days and I've been having the same problem that ultimately made me abandon moondrop quarks dsp.
When listening to music, if the music has moments of silence or where the instruments stop, the DSP seems to restart and you hear a lot of noise. Even when the instruments are playing at a lower level, you hear that noise.
This makes it not a good experience.
any solution for this? This happens to me whether connected directly to the phone or to the hiby m300.

I had the same hissing issue with the Quarks DSP (don't have the May), but that is down to poor implementation of the DSP by Moondrop.

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #11,848 of 12,011
I had the same hissing issue with the Quarks DSP (don't have the May), but that is down to poor implementation of the DSP by Moondrop.
That sounds like garbage. Thanks for the warning. I will stay away from those products. However, I got the Moondrop LittleWhite and did not experience such problems yet. Hopefully I won't have to.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #11,850 of 12,011
I agree with you.
Another flop by moondrop.
My advice is to stay away from this and save the money to better quality products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back